This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
3ds emulator
Hi,i'm a new member of this forum and i want to asked about :whether there are developers who work for this? Sorry my bad english i'm italien
(02-23-2014, 03:49 PM)User12top Wrote: Hi,i'm a new member of this forum and i want to asked about :whether there are developers who work for this? Sorry my bad english i'm italien

Hello,

I am not a developer and probably I will not give you the best answer on a professional level, however from my general knowledge about emulators, I do know that there are many factors it depends on when it comes to possibility to create a new emulator. In this particular case, while you could think that perhaps its technology is not so complex neither is the hardware, and you think this way just by judging what do the games look like on this console, in reality that is quite not right assumption.

I remember what certain developers of Nintendo DS emulator (not 3DS) have said as an answer to a question if they will ever create Nintendo 3DS emulator. They said that Nintendo 3DS is totally different technology from Nintendo DS, and if I remember correctly, they even mentioned that the games are encrypted and use different format, that being said, there probably aren't any documents regarding the hardware or functions so there is basically nothing much even any skilled developer could start with unless they want to go through such hassle and try to reverse engineer it somehow and that of course would require much more time and effort and that is something they usually can't afford because the most of the time, emulators are made by developers as a project in their spare time so they have absolutely no financial profit - as much sad as it is, that basically means rather uncertain future of such project.
Rpcs3 team, I believe in you, you can do this! Big Grin Heart
(02-23-2014, 03:49 PM)User12top Wrote: Hi,i'm a new member of this forum and i want to asked about :whether there are developers who work for this? Sorry my bad english i'm italien

Te lo diró di forma semplice per a potere capire:
La 3ds é troppo diversa de la ds e per quello fare un emulatore é dificile gia che non c'e la documentazione necesaria ni anche la informazione suficiente per a sapere come cominciare a farlo.Forse in un futuro ci sara,solo devi aspetare.Se vedi come ha sucesso con la ps3 ti potrei fare una idea da quanto tempo devi aspettare fino che lo fanno

Yes I also speak italian,problem? XD
Am I the only one with this cool sig?
[Image: ji6WX.png]
[Image: 2404362.png]
(03-02-2014, 12:46 PM)Zekro Wrote: Yes I also speak italian,problem? XD

Good for you, the more languages you know the more you are human. Tongue
Thanks for the replys Smile
DS 
[Image: UrQAF36.png]

Today, I've found something relevant to this topic and I think it's quite interesting, I mean I saw it before but until now I've never seen this project compiled so for me personally, this is the first time. What are your thoughts on this project guys? Do you think we can expect 3DS emulator relatively "soon", after all? Big Grin

Now, I don't want to be skeptic but at this point I think it's still not easy to be an optimist either, so speaking of 3DS emulator available "soon" may probably mean months or even years, but still, this is a good start towards this goal, isn't it? :p

Citra [external link to emucr]

Quote:Citra Git (2014/04/25) is released. Citra is an experimental open-source Nintendo 3DS emulator/debugger written in C++. At this time, it only emulates a very small subset of 3DS hardware, and therefore is only useful for booting/debugging very simple homebrew demos. Citra is licensed under the GPLv2. Refer to the license.txt file included.

Citra Git Changelog:
* removed "COVERAGE_" from "GCC_COVERAGE_COMPILE_FLAGS"
* Update README.md
* made qt window title consistent
* fixes to scm_rev generation to make it conistent with windows build
* updated windows scm_rev code to use new style
* added scm rev generation on Linux/cmake
* fixes to build on linux
* removed duplicate rotl/rotr functions
* updated CMakeLists for missing files
* Re-enable toggling window mode.
* Add a quick way to load Launcher.dat files
* fixed order of LogManager and System init
* fixed GL context acquire (applies to Qt GUI only)
* fixed VSProps for Qt DLL copy
* Ignore scm_rev.h and auto copy Qt dlls to bin folder on build.
Didn't know the 3ds homebrew were in elf format ._.

Edit:Also....(not taken by me as I didn't have time to build the homebrews)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(04-25-2014, 09:28 PM)Zekro Wrote: Didn't know the 3ds homebrew were in elf format ._.

Edit:Also....(not taken by me as I didn't have time to build the homebrews)

Thanks for screenshots, those are pretty nice, especially that third one actually shows some 3d stuff which is nice, I wonder how complex that 3d object is and what fps it was running at to get an idea what it can handle at the moment and how fast, but I guess we wont find out from the picture. Sad
You can ask him on his official thread in gbatemp
http://gbatemp.net/threads/new-3ds-emulator.365154/
(04-25-2014, 03:58 PM)mr.devolver Wrote:
[Image: UrQAF36.png]

Today, I've found something relevant to this topic and I think it's quite interesting, I mean I saw it before but until now I've never seen this project compiled so for me personally, this is the first time. What are your thoughts on this project guys? Do you think we can expect 3DS emulator relatively "soon", after all? Big Grin

Now, I don't want to be skeptic but at this point I think it's still not easy to be an optimist either, so speaking of 3DS emulator available "soon" may probably mean months or even years, but still, this is a good start towards this goal, isn't it? :p

Citra [external link to emucr]

Quote:Citra Git (2014/04/25) is released. Citra is an experimental open-source Nintendo 3DS emulator/debugger written in C++. At this time, it only emulates a very small subset of 3DS hardware, and therefore is only useful for booting/debugging very simple homebrew demos. Citra is licensed under the GPLv2. Refer to the license.txt file included.

Citra Git Changelog:
* removed "COVERAGE_" from "GCC_COVERAGE_COMPILE_FLAGS"
* Update README.md
* made qt window title consistent
* fixes to scm_rev generation to make it conistent with windows build
* updated windows scm_rev code to use new style
* added scm rev generation on Linux/cmake
* fixes to build on linux
* removed duplicate rotl/rotr functions
* updated CMakeLists for missing files
* Re-enable toggling window mode.
* Add a quick way to load Launcher.dat files
* fixed order of LogManager and System init
* fixed GL context acquire (applies to Qt GUI only)
* fixed VSProps for Qt DLL copy
* Ignore scm_rev.h and auto copy Qt dlls to bin folder on build.

This is really interesting! I had absolutely no idea this project even existed. Thank you for posting it here.
Code wise, the developer clearly knows what to do and the emulator is taking the right steps towards the future.
I can easily picture this emulator reaching some nice progress in a relatively short time.
But, of course, "short time" in development terms often means a few months.