This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
JPCSP - memory errors in game
Game to goes till the moment of preservation and the error takes off for consoles:
Theard "user_main" java.lang.outofmemoryError: Perm space
Theard "GUI" java.lang.outofmemoryError: Perm space

Such error is observed in many games

Attached Files
.rar   log.rar (Size: 72 bytes / Downloads: 105)
(07-20-2010, 07:39 AM)GamesTester Wrote: Game to goes till the moment of preservation and the error takes off for consoles:

Hmm, the LOG file is empty ...

What game(s) where you trying to run? Do these games run according to forum entries or the compatibility list? How much RAM do you have, What OS? 32/64-bit?
JPCSP games tested with Athlon X2 4850e, 4 GB RAM, Radeon HD 3300 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.3.11653, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
PPSSPP games tested with Intel i3, 4 GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 2000 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.1.0 Build 6.14.10.5421, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
(07-20-2010, 12:11 PM)Darth1701 Wrote:
(07-20-2010, 07:39 AM)GamesTester Wrote: Game to goes till the moment of preservation and the error takes off for consoles:

What game(s) where you trying to run? Do these games run according to forum entries or the compatibility list? How much RAM do you have, What OS? 32/64-bit?

Windows 7 x64 6Gb mb ram Ati radeon 4770 512mb core 2 duo 3.20 Ghz
Catalyst 10.6 version

Game: Dante Inferno,Modnation Racers,Iron 2,Space invaders Extreme

Attached Files
.rar   log.rar (Size: 20.77 KB / Downloads: 99)
(07-20-2010, 01:02 PM)GamesTester Wrote:
(07-20-2010, 12:11 PM)Darth1701 Wrote:

Windows 7 x64 6Gb mb ram Ati radeon 4770 512mb core 2 duo 3.20 Ghz
Catalyst 10.6 version

Game: Dante Inferno,Modnation Racers,Iron 2,Space invaders Extreme

OK, I'm not sure what's your problem is so you may try the following things:

- Install 32-bit Java and use the 32-bit version of JPCSP
- I don't have these games so I can't help you with the game specific settings, look at the forum if anyone else was successful in running these games and use the settings told
- It would be best if you close the emulator each time before testing a new game again so you can eliminate side effects of leftovers
- After closing the emu and before running it again rename your log.html to f.e. dante.html and then post all this logs here at the forum for further investigations
JPCSP games tested with Athlon X2 4850e, 4 GB RAM, Radeon HD 3300 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.3.11653, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
PPSSPP games tested with Intel i3, 4 GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 2000 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.1.0 Build 6.14.10.5421, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
I too try to help founders of the program. I test and reveal errors. There would be an experience in this programming language, I would try to correct an initial code. P.S.: I will Not litter a forum. I the user instead of bot am I so, I do not wish to be blocked.

I will inform on errors in process of occurrence

Attached Files
.rar   Ironman2.rar (Size: 2.84 KB / Downloads: 118)
.rar   Modnation Racers.rar (Size: 5.83 KB / Downloads: 98)
(07-20-2010, 02:01 PM)GamesTester Wrote: I too try to help founders of the program. I test and reveal errors. There would be an experience in this programming language, I would try to correct an initial code. P.S.: I will Not litter a forum. I the user instead of bot am I so, I do not wish to be blocked.

I will inform on errors in process of occurrence

I checked the logs and it seems to me these are all game related problems, no general problem with your machine.

Mind that these games are new and not expected to work on the emulator, at least not fully. I checked the forum and found out that Modnation Racer & Dante's Inferno should at least produce some graphical output. Do you see something on the screen with these games?
ModNation Racers [Only Intro working]
You start game, intro there passes also game hangs on process of loading of the menu, happens but is the extremely rare that is possible to force to work the menu, but after a choice of a kind of a line and races game hangs.

Dante Inferno [playlable\half playlable]
Game works, even the first level if there is no mysterious error "too many errors" in the version of the program 1695 again is possible to pass sometimes there were graphic errors. Also a problem of overflow of memory "java.lang.outofmemoryerrors: Perm Space"

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(07-20-2010, 02:50 PM)GamesTester Wrote: ModNation Racers [Only Intro working]
You start game, intro there passes also game hangs on process of loading of the menu, happens but is the extremely rare that is possible to force to work the menu, but after a choice of a kind of a line and races game hangs.

Dante Inferno [playlable\half playlable]
Game works, even the first level if there is no mysterious error "too many errors" in the version of the program 1695 again is possible to pass sometimes there were graphic errors. Also a problem of overflow of memory "java.lang.outofmemoryerrors: Perm Space"

Great. So just post your findings with the revision you used, the settings and maybe a log and a picture to show the progress in the corresponding forum entries, like f.e.

ModNation Racers - EUR - ULESXXXXX
ModNation Racers - US - ULUSXXXXX

But please post your findings only if there is a change from the previous result! Not r1685 PermSpace, r1686 PermSpace. I think you get it Big Grin

When the devs have time they look at the logs and if they can track down the errors they will fix them and in time the game works better and better (hopefully Wink)
Modnation Racers Uces01327 Multi Language
(07-20-2010, 03:25 PM)GamesTester Wrote: Modnation Racers Uces01327 Multi Language

With "post your findings" I meant in the right thread under "Commercial Game Discussion" - "JPCSP - Intro Games" or whatever is appropriate. If the topic already exist look if the findings are already known, if not: post them, if yes: too bad Wink

If you feel unsure to post something just watch for now and read through the other forum posts and when you are confident enough post them then.

Good luck