This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice [BLUS30181]
(10-03-2014, 11:16 PM)makotech222 Wrote:
(08-31-2014, 11:12 PM)ssshadow Wrote:
(08-31-2014, 08:10 PM)makotech222 Wrote:
(08-31-2014, 07:06 PM)ssshadow Wrote:
(08-31-2014, 05:52 PM)makotech222 Wrote: Waited. Loading screen ended but i get an error for Unknown Stop message on the SPU

Open the file \PS3_GAME\USRDIR\NisGraphics.spu.self from the boot -> elf/self menu to decrypt it and the game will then not hang after loading.

Got this in my log
E ELF32: Bad NOTE type (0)
E {SPU[1] Thread (CPUThread)[0x00001e20]} Exception: Access violation: addr = 0x0 (last_syscall=0x0 (Unknown func id: 0x00000000))

When you, after decrypting the file, start the game as usual? No idea, never seen that with this game.

hey ssshadow, got any more help for me? I'm trying to get this guy to work with the new dynarec. still getting black screen after the loading screen.

Try with the very latest main version. It has some decryption changes not in the recompiler branch. Maybe that is the problem.
Asus N55SF, i7-2670QM (~2,8 ghz under typical load), GeForce GT 555M (only OpenGL)
it's because of the spu self. you need to decrypt it. main branch does that automagically for ya
Hmm i tried it with the latest from main branch, and it still didn't work. I get the same lockup after loading screen.

This is what i get from booting .self file:

Code:
(S)ELF: booting...
W SELF: No NPDRM control info found!
! Loading 'D:\Games\Rpcs3\BLUS30182\PS3_GAME\USRDIR/NisGraphics.spu.elf'...
!  
! Mount info:
! /dev_hdd0/ -> ./dev_hdd0/
! /dev_hdd1/ -> ./dev_hdd1/
! /dev_flash/ -> ./dev_flash/
! /dev_usb000/ -> ./dev_usb000/
! /dev_usb/ -> ./dev_usb000/
! /app_home/ -> D:\Games\Rpcs3\BLUS30182\PS3_GAME\
! /dev_bdvd/ -> D:\Games\Rpcs3\BLUS30182\PS3_GAME\/../
! /host_root/ ->
! / -> D:\Games\Rpcs3\BLUS30182\PS3_GAME\
!  
! Title: Disgaea3
! Serial: BLUS30181
!  
! Initializing memory: m_base_addr = 0xdfba0a0000
! Memory initialized.
E ELF32: Bad NOTE type (0)
! offset = 0x10000
! max addr = 0x0
S (S)ELF: boot done.
E {SPU[1] Thread (CPUThread)[0xdf00001e20]} Exception: Access violation: addr = 0x0 (is_alive=1, last_syscall=0x0 (Unknown func id: 0x00000000))
hm.. i tried to decrypt the NisGraphics.spu.elf with rpcs3 too.

But its not working, I am always getting an error message:

NisGraphics.spu.elf

16:42:07: can't read from file descriptor 10 (error 998: unzulässiger Zugriff auf einen Speicherbereich.)
16:42:07: can't read from file descriptor 10 (error 998: unzulässiger Zugriff auf einen Speicherbereich.)
16:42:58: can't read from file descriptor 6 (error 998: unzulässiger Zugriff auf einen Speicherbereich.)
16:42:58: can't read from file descriptor 6 (error 998: unzulässiger Zugriff auf einen Speicherbereich.)

I guess in english its something like "illegal access error on a memory area" : error 998
What the fuck is not working?
1) SPU modules are not designed for running them, it's pretty normal.
2) You open NisGraphics.spu.self, then THE NEW DECRYPTED FILE IS CREATED (NisGraphics.spu.elf). It's similar for EBOOT.BIN, how one can not notice that? Blind and helpless people everywhere.
3) NisGraphics.spu.elf should be renamed to its original name, so the game can find it.
Decided to try this again with the recompiler, but there is pretty much no difference in speed, and graphics are as broken as ever, so don't bother.

Well, at least the intro video is a solid 60 fps now.

Asus N55SF, i7-2670QM (~2,8 ghz under typical load), GeForce GT 555M (only OpenGL)
i am ever so sorry guys i havent been here for long time and i thought that emulator is developing quite well since u have so many developers. i have download recent version of emulator with recompiler nad nothing is working, not even self console. Crap. There is a lot of broken things and who ever merged the request is not willing to even fix it and the problems are piling up.

I am sorry guys i didnt mean to disencourage you but its what its. I hope u will get there eventually - just i havent been here for a while and i hoped for more and when i dwonloaded shit droped on my face.
(12-24-2014, 10:19 PM)metallicafor Wrote: i am ever so sorry guys i havent been here for long time and i thought that emulator is developing quite well since u have so many developers. i have download recent version of emulator with recompiler nad nothing is working, not even self console. Crap. There is a lot of broken things and who ever merged the request is not willing to even fix it and the problems are piling up.

I am sorry guys i didnt mean to disencourage you but its what its. I hope u will get there eventually - just i havent been here for a while and i hoped for more and when i dwonloaded shit droped on my face.

Literally almost everything that was once working is still working, you are doing it wrong Tongue

I would guess you either selected the PPU recompiler on a .exe that dosen't have it, like everything from the buildbot, or you miss that you have to press the resume button a few times when starting a lot of games because it pauses on some errors. Arkedo does this for example, but the game still works.

In fact, things are better than ever, Sonic CD is a solid 60 fps now, more and more games become at least loadable now, even really heavy stuff like Catherine now plays some sound... Hell, I was about to say the only real regression has been Puzzle Quest, but that works again too. Even better than before! So yeah.. You are wrong here I am afraid.
(12-24-2014, 10:19 PM)metallicafor Wrote: i am ever so sorry guys i havent been here for long time and i thought that emulator is developing quite well since u have so many developers. i have download recent version of emulator with recompiler nad nothing is working, not even self console. Crap. There is a lot of broken things and who ever merged the request is not willing to even fix it and the problems are piling up.

>> i am ever so sorry guys i havent been here for long time and i thought that emulator is developing quite well since u have so many developers.
Quantity didn't become a quality, and I don't see any reason why it should.

>> i have download recent version of emulator with recompiler nad nothing is working, not even self console. Crap.
There are usually stable versions in many programs, especially for hysterical users. rpcs3 doesn't have one. But I don't see anything wrong with it. Nobody promised PS3 emulation so early, check the calendar.

>> There is a lot of broken things and who ever merged the request is not willing to even fix it and the problems are piling up.
Too rude to imply that they "aren't willing to even fix it", isn't it? Also try to go back in 2011 and think again. No emulator ~ no problems.

>> I am sorry guys i didnt mean to disencourage you but its what its. I hope u will get there eventually - just i havent been here for a while and i hoped for more and when i dwonloaded shit droped on my face.
Don't overestimate things. And devs don't owe anything, it's not a business or a charity. I'm sure nobody was going to vandal things on purpose, everyone makes mistakes and discovering the truth about PS3 functionality may take really much time for everyone. On the other side, 99% of testing I see seems completely useless. So I'm not very happy that people download every build and test it. It would be better to publish only "relatively stable" releases.
The character moving issue (z-fighting ?) has been fixed in latest build now

Besides , i noticed that the character texture get blurred/rendered incorrect when using recompiler .

-Interepreter

-Recompiler