This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice [BLUS30181]
(07-24-2017, 04:50 PM)ssshadow Wrote: The patch still works...

Actually, it stopped working for me as well, as I noted in the Disgaea D2 thread; it works in older RPCS3 builds from June, but not recent ones from July.

The latest build I tried that correctly employs the patch is from June 19, and the earliest one I've tried where it doesn't work anymore is from around July 20 (I haven't tried anything in-between), so I guess some change that was made within that 30 days period is preventing the patch from working anymore.
I could try to determine exactly which RPCS3 build is the first one that inhibits the patch, if you think that would be of any use.
AMD FX-6100 Six-Core 3.30GHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 Turbo 6GB, 12GB DDR3 RAM, SSD, Windows 10 Pro x64
(07-31-2017, 05:49 PM)ilcane87 Wrote:

Actually, it stopped working for me as well, as I noted in the Disgaea D2 thread; it works in older RPCS3 builds from June, but not recent ones from July.

The latest build I tried that correctly employs the patch is from June 19, and the earliest one I've tried where it doesn't work anymore is from around July 20 (I haven't tried anything in-between), so I guess some change that was made within that 30 days period is preventing the patch from working anymore.
I could try to determine exactly which RPCS3 build is the first one that inhibits the patch, if you think that would be of any use.

Still works for me as well at least in D2 and Disgaea 4 can't really tell in 3 though since the game is slow with or without it,
(08-01-2017, 09:39 AM)tet666 Wrote:
(07-31-2017, 05:49 PM)ilcane87 Wrote:

Still works for me as well at least in D2 and Disgaea 4 can't really tell in 3 though since the game is slow with or without it,

I tested it on Disgaea 4 and it does work, so I only have that issue with Disgaea D2; I wonder why, it works in earlier builds after all.
AMD FX-6100 Six-Core 3.30GHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 Turbo 6GB, 12GB DDR3 RAM, SSD, Windows 10 Pro x64
(08-01-2017, 06:28 PM)ilcane87 Wrote: I tested it on Disgaea 4 and it does work, so I only have that issue with Disgaea D2; I wonder why, it works in earlier builds after all.

Did you patch your D2? As i wrote in the D2 thread the game works fine for me on the 1.30 EU release version but if install patch 1.40 performance goes to shit.
(08-01-2017, 06:43 PM)tet666 Wrote:
(08-01-2017, 06:28 PM)ilcane87 Wrote: I tested it on Disgaea 4 and it does work, so I only have that issue with Disgaea D2; I wonder why, it works in earlier builds after all.

Did you patch your D2? As i wrote in the D2 thread the game works fine for me on the 1.30 EU release version but if install patch 1.40 performance goes to shit.

I did try downgrading to 1.30 after reading your post, but it didn't make a difference, neither in performance nor in whether the speed patch works or not.

Version 1.40 of the game works just fine for me in the June builds of RPCS3, so at least in my case that shouldn't be the issue.