This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Valkyria Chronicles 2 - ULUS10515
(04-15-2011, 03:01 PM)gid15 Wrote: You are using a different version of the game (ULES01417). This is why you get a different behavior than reported by other testers.
Sorry, didn't recognized that this is the thread for the us version of the game =O

(04-15-2011, 03:01 PM)gid15 Wrote: I've made a few improvements in r2082 for mode=22. Could you test it and post a log?

Thanks!
Sadly still the same problems =(
(Sorry for my bad english, i'm from germany ^^)

new logs, rev 2082

.html   log.html (Size: 54.61 KB / Downloads: 115)
Well the game started leaking for me to though it caps at 1.39-1.41 still no crah, and also at the start of the action phase the character doesnt move immediatly.
(04-16-2011, 06:38 AM)Death Saved Wrote: Well the game started leaking for me to though it caps at 1.39-1.41 still no crah, and also at the start of the action phase the character doesnt move immediatly.

I noticed the slowdowns too. Those become more visible in recent revisions (not sure in which one those appeard). I didn't notice those slowdowns back in revision 2050, but it could be just me.

In one of the last revisions something was changed about movie playback, which makes them go out of sync. Earlier I got 24-26fps in FMVs and the audio did sync (but was choppy), now I get same fps, but the audio goes faster than video. Eventually the audio gets choppy as well, but it stays a sec or more ahead of video.
(04-15-2011, 04:52 PM)Watermagician Wrote:
(04-15-2011, 03:01 PM)gid15 Wrote: You are using a different version of the game (ULES01417). This is why you get a different behavior than reported by other testers.
Sorry, didn't recognized that this is the thread for the us version of the game =O

(04-15-2011, 03:01 PM)gid15 Wrote: I've made a few improvements in r2082 for mode=22. Could you test it and post a log?

Thanks!
Sadly still the same problems =(
(Sorry for my bad english, i'm from germany ^^)

new logs, rev 2082
Could you check if you have some data in the following directory, or if present at all: ms0/PSP/SAVEDATA/ULES01417*
If you have something, try to delete it (leave the SAVEDATA directory), and start the game again...
Could you retest the audio playback with r2087 and post a log file?
I've improved the recognition of audio files even in encrypted archive files (e.g. AFS).

Thanks!
r2087 test Valkyria 2, bgm now work fine,
but play speed too fast in the first time decode, causing noise

.rar   log.rar (Size: 7.26 KB / Downloads: 82)
when it "first" decodes the audio its has minor static, but after completely restarting jpcsp the bgm audio is fine, but i guess thats because its reading the decoded file

Attached Files
.rar   log.rar (Size: 4.76 KB / Downloads: 94)
I get the same thing as mentioned above with the decoded BGMs, but its really cool they work now.

However, I still have the memory leak. Here is an INFO log. I noticed that one of the times where memory usage increases is when the game loads new 2D images (like when looking through character profiles).

Attached Files
.7z   log.7z (Size: 7.82 KB / Downloads: 89)
(04-16-2011, 09:39 PM)Szarikow Wrote: However, I still have the memory leak. Here is an INFO log. I noticed that one of the times where memory usage increases is when the game loads new 2D images (like when looking through character profiles).

hmm not sure about a memleak I tested this game for almost 2 hours without any crashes

are you just talking about the allocation? since its normal for java to allocate 1gig+ ram (based on xmx size+alittle extra)
[Image: iwulvr.jpg]

I think this game could be moved to playable.
anyways since I logged the whole time I played attached log might be useful for something.

Attached Files
.rar   2hlog.rar (Size: 10.16 KB / Downloads: 81)
(04-17-2011, 08:04 AM)hyakki Wrote:
(04-16-2011, 09:39 PM)Szarikow Wrote: However, I still have the memory leak. Here is an INFO log. I noticed that one of the times where memory usage increases is when the game loads new 2D images (like when looking through character profiles).

hmm not sure about a memleak I tested this game for almost 2 hours without any crashes

are you just talking about the allocation? since its normal for java to allocate 1gig+ ram (based on xmx size+alittle extra)
[Image: iwulvr.jpg]

I think this game could be moved to playable.
anyways since I logged the whole time I played attached log might be useful for something.

So I guess I don't have enough ram. Got to get "moar"...