This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Valkyria Chronicles 2 - ULUS10515
(04-02-2011, 04:06 AM)Death Saved Wrote: Transfer to playable please.

For me it has been working since 2044 same settings as Szarikow and same pc specs except i am using W7 Ultimate 32bit and 8600GT 512MB

Have you encountered those crashes as well? They seem to appear every hour or so.

What really made this game playable is the fact that now map is actually visible during combat. There is no music, but it isn't very big deal (do I need to decrypt it?). Sometimes game gets slightly slower during combat mode, but again its not a big deal. However because there are like 4fps missing during movie playback it feels choppy and slightly out of sync (probably this would not occur on better PC).

One more thing Installation to memory card does not work (probably nothing new). The 400MB of data do get copied, however after the installation game announces that it is corrupted.
(04-02-2011, 10:44 AM)Szarikow Wrote: Have you encountered those crashes as well? They seem to appear every hour or so.

Not really though the game did freeze on me a couple of times.

(04-02-2011, 10:44 AM)Szarikow Wrote: What really made this game playable is the fact that now map is actually visible during combat. There is no music, but it isn't very big deal (do I need to decrypt it?).

I dont know

(04-02-2011, 10:44 AM)Szarikow Wrote: Sometimes game gets slightly slower during combat mode, but again its not a big deal. However because there are like 4fps missing during movie playback it feels choppy and slightly out of sync (probably this would not occur on better PC).

The gameplay is pretty smooth for me however the audio in movies is choppy

(04-02-2011, 10:44 AM)Szarikow Wrote: One more thing Installation to memory card does not work (probably nothing new). The 400MB of data do get copied, however after the installation game announces that it is corrupted.

Yeah that has happend to me as well and also the passwords dont work.

Here are the options that fix the games graphic problems:

1-To show graphics such as HP, map and aiming reticule during gameplay Enable saving GE screen to Textures.
2-To grant certain obejct(Grass, Flags, etc...) a better look enable shaders and enable decoding of indexed textures.
Here is a INFO level log of about 30mins of playing. After those 30mins the emulator crashed with the symptoms described earlier, though I don't see anything particularly odd in the log.

Attached Files
.7z   log.7z (Size: 17.91 KB / Downloads: 86)
(04-03-2011, 12:59 PM)Szarikow Wrote: Here is a INFO level log of about 30mins of playing. After those 30mins the emulator crashed with the symptoms described earlier, though I don't see anything particularly odd in the log.

Hmm...
Looks like this game attempts to load audio streams using an archive format (.AFS). This format has been starting to show up a lot lately. Undecided
I'm guessing the failed attempts to load those files may be one of the causes for the massive consumption of memory, so I'll see if FFMPEG can parse this format properly and look for the right streams only.
(04-03-2011, 03:20 PM)Hykem Wrote: Hmm...
Looks like this game attempts to load audio streams using an archive format (.AFS). This format has been starting to show up a lot lately. Undecided
I'm guessing the failed attempts to load those files may be one of the causes for the massive consumption of memory, so I'll see if FFMPEG can parse this format properly and look for the right streams only.

Edit: I've checked memory usage via task manager while playing Valkyria Chronicles 2 and it does look like a memory leak (I assume that appears in the log). Jpcsp's memory usage increases up to the point where 1,2GB of memory is used and my PC has no more free memory to allocate. Thankfully combat mode does not increase memory usage all that much and the game allows to save right after the battle.

Good to know the log was actually of some help. I noticed one more bug in emulation. During battle there is a morale system. When player does well the morale increases and when player is having difficulty defeating opponents it drops. This morale tops at some point and if that happens a specific sound is played. The problem is the sound loops infinitely. Well actually it loops till another sound is played at the end of the battle.
Greetings. I have a question about running the Valkyria Chronicles 2. When I'm running it on Jpcsp r2051, it runs nice right until combat starts; then I can't see neither action bar nor buttons graphics (like, "press square to change weapons"), everything else runs smoothly; when I'm out of combat, all sorts of graphic problems emerge. If I reload game, it again runs smoothly right until the next combat sequence.

I've tried all possible combinations of graphic options I could think of. There is no difference.

Also, snapshots load (after snapshot loading all the graphics are in place), but the game doesn't run from a loaded snapshot.

There are no error messages in the console.

My graphic card is Nvidia Geforce 8500 GT. Any advice? Thank you.
(04-08-2011, 07:54 AM)Grahor Wrote: Greetings. I have a question about running the Valkyria Chronicles 2. When I'm running it on Jpcsp r2051, it runs nice right until combat starts; then I can't see neither action bar nor buttons graphics (like, "press square to change weapons"), everything else runs smoothly; when I'm out of combat, all sorts of graphic problems emerge. If I reload game, it again runs smoothly right until the next combat sequence.

I've got those problems in pre 2050 versions. With following configuration I have almost perfect graphics:

(03-31-2011, 05:43 PM)Szarikow Wrote: My config is :
Graphics:
- Only GE
- Use Shaders
- Use Geometry Shader (now that I think about it, it probably doesn't work under XP)
- Enable VAO
- Enable saving GE screen to Textures
- Enable Decoding of Indexed Textures
Media:
- Use MediaEngine
- Decode audio with SonicStage

You could try to update your graphics card drivers. At some point NVIDIA added OpenGL 3.1 support to most of the GF 8 series. I have no idea if GF8500 supports OpenGL 3.1, but it won't hurt to try.
Thanks, new drivers and your settings have worked. Game runs smooth and... Well, slowly, but it's probably just my computer - still, it's perfectly playable and I'm gonna play it. Smile
(03-31-2011, 05:43 PM)Szarikow Wrote: Thanks, new drivers and your settings have worked. Game runs smooth and... Well, slowly, but it's probably just my computer - still, it's perfectly playable and I'm gonna play it. Smile

Can you test how is your RAM usage when playing? Just watch how ram does java.exe task consume in task manager.

On my computer Valkyria Chronicles 2 causes a leak of memory which eventually crashes the emulator (at around 1,2GB). Other games I tested oscillated around 700-800MB of ram (I need to conduct more test though). An example of this would be:
-your at the academy the game consumes around 500MB
-you watch some cutscenes game starts consuming around 700MB of memory (sometimes more)
-you start a combat mission game goes to around 1GB memory (sometimes less)
-the battle ends and the game consumes 1GB of memory or more
-now I'm back at the academy and the game's consumption of memory doesn't drop
-if I watch some cut-scenes, read stats, etc. the game will reach 1,2GB and will crash (rarely it can crash during battle)

Thankfully you can save after every battle so I just restart the emulator if the game gets close to crashing.

I just want to make sure if its caused by the specific audio used in the game, or emulator in general or something on my machine.
(04-03-2011, 03:20 PM)Hykem Wrote: Hmm...

I do understand that the memory leak will get fixed eventually when proper .AFS support is implemented, but would it be possible to make some temporary solution to prevent those leaks?