This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.88 Average
Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - ULUS10565
Updated to version 3350.
Downloaded SonicStage, and enabled the decoding option.
Besides the graphics and the audio decoding, the only thing i changed was the controls.

The freezes I am speaking about are when it suddenly freeze for a second, then goes to a "loading" screen. Can't get it out from there, and have to restart the game.

Just played a couple of battles and no problems, and sound is working, so atleast that was fixed.
On the third, it crashed again.

Attached Files
.rar   log.rar (Size: 3.33 KB / Downloads: 82)
Is there a problem with the graphics? As soon as you load your SAVEDATA, you disable "Only GE Graphics" two times but then enable it two times as well. Can you try the following suggestion to stop the freezing? Try to disable "Decode audio files with SonicStage (must be installed separately and requires Media Engine)" and try to enable the options from the Audio tab one at a time (not all at once).
(08-12-2013, 12:05 AM)DragonNeos Wrote: Is there a problem with the graphics? As soon as you load your SAVEDATA, you disable "Only GE Graphics" two times but then enable it two times as well. Can you try the following suggestion to stop the freezing? Try to disable "Decode audio files with SonicStage (must be installed separately and requires Media Engine)" and try to enable the options from the Audio tab one at a time (not all at once).

The disable/enable of the GE Graphics is done automatically, I didn't manually make it happen.

The SonicStage actually seemed to help. I'll try the others, tho i doubt they'll do much good.
Audio blocking caused a high FPS drop.
Audio thread caused problems starting the game (getting to the load-game screen).
Disabling audio channels seems to have solved the problem- for the time being. While the game haven't froze for a few hours, it means I have no sound. This is not a solution, as it just happened again.

below is the log for the audio blocking and audio thread options.

Something which might have to do with the bug, and I would like to know if anyone else is doing that: do people run the jpcsp on 100% or 300% speed? I have a run a specific fight for a few times, all with the game crushing in the first few turns. Going on 100% speed, however, let me finish without a hitch.

Attached Files
.rar   log.rar (Size: 13.29 KB / Downloads: 83)
I think most people would usually run the game at 100% (no change to Clock Speed) if they can since going higher than a certain amount may cause problems. If you can get 30 FPS consistently on this game in any situation, it's better to stick to default Clock Speed. About the audio testing, I know it wasn't an ideal solution but I wanted to know if the sound was the problem. Many games are designed to use sound as an indicator and if the sound isn't decoded or played properly, the game could freeze. Do you get a Java Error at all with the freeze and does JPCSP become unresponsive?
No errors at all. The game continues working, so freeze is not entirely the most accurate word, but neither is crash.
The problem goes something along these lines: while playing, sometimes on an AI turn (happend to me once with one my own's, but quite rare) the game freezes for a bit, then the screen changes from the game screen to a loading screen, with a small black/white square animation and the word "loading". It doesn't change till I close Jpcsp completely and load it again.
I have noticed that in the map that caused me the most problems, when I ran it on 100%, it didn't go smoothly with 60FPS- at some points, especially during one of their cleric's turns, the game FPS would drop a lot, and then goes back to work correctly. In these cases it would usually get stuck instead of resolving itself and continuing.
A possible cause is that there is some inconsistency between Jpcsp and the game, when the emulator takes time resolving an issue, but for the game too long has passed (since i ran it on 300% speed) so it gets stuck.
Are there any lag or slowdown issues when you play the game on a real PSP?
Nothing major. I haven't played much on the PSP though, so hard to tell.
The game just got a big freeze for me when I tried saving after a battle, though. The bad, old fashioned game freezing and requiring a restart (no loading screen). Unfortunately, I forgot to log it.
I was wondering if someone could help me. I have this problem when I start the game, it loads perfectly fine does not skip or glitch at all. As soon as I get to the start menu the icon freezes on "continue" and it is the only option I can select. Can someone possibly tell me what is wrong?
Hello everyone... I just wanted to log in to reply here and say a big THANK YOU to everyone on this long thread who helped me get this game working! Kudos and cheers! Heart