This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can this emulator play PS1 games in the future?
(12-20-2013, 08:18 PM)hlide Wrote:
(12-20-2013, 04:05 PM)Ekaseo Wrote:
(12-20-2013, 03:59 PM)movileanu12x Wrote: ps2 games will work?
yeah, of course, i heard it will emulate Wii u and ps vita too

Big Grin and it will emulate ps4. And xbox one if a kinect is connected to a pc.

It will also emulate the 3ds if you add a touchpad Tongue
Am I the only one with this cool sig?
[Image: ji6WX.png]
[Image: 2404362.png]
(12-21-2013, 09:05 AM)Zekro Wrote:
(12-20-2013, 04:05 PM)Ekaseo Wrote:
(12-20-2013, 03:59 PM)movileanu12x Wrote: ps2 games will work?
yeah, of course, i heard it will emulate Wii u and ps vita too

Big Grin and it will emulate ps4. And xbox one if a kinect is connected to a pc.

dont forget about xbox 360 and the original xbox Big Grin
[Image: tumblr_nq0lhp2BoL1r61mabo4_500.gif] [Image: Cloud___Tifa_kids_by_ferus.jpg]
Are you...implying that....it...might be possible? O_O
Am I the only one with this cool sig?
[Image: ji6WX.png]
[Image: 2404362.png]
(12-21-2013, 02:38 PM)AlexAltea Wrote:
(12-21-2013, 11:27 AM)Ekaseo Wrote:
(12-21-2013, 09:05 AM)Zekro Wrote:
(12-20-2013, 04:05 PM)Ekaseo Wrote: yeah, of course, i heard it will emulate Wii u and ps vita too

dont forget about xbox 360 and the original xbox Big Grin
It will emulate the whole universe too so we will be able to create galaxies, planets and shit. Big Grin

But seriously, everything that is possible in a real PS3 (e.g. backwards compatibility with PS1 or PS2) can be done in RPCS3, so don't ask "if X can be run in RPCS3". However if there are errors and unimplemented stuff that affect running these PS1/PS2 games we (probably) won't give a fuck. IMO, the only goal is to run software that *only* exists for PS3.

Regarding the "sarcasm chain" that I just broke. Ekaseo, were you being sarcastic when you mentioned the PSvita emulation in RPCS3?

yes i were, because from what i heard, emulating it is as hard as ps3 is
[Image: tumblr_nq0lhp2BoL1r61mabo4_500.gif] [Image: Cloud___Tifa_kids_by_ferus.jpg]
hi. in Future RPCSX3 can run PS3 Exclusive?
(12-21-2013, 05:45 PM)AlexAltea Wrote:
(12-21-2013, 05:09 PM)Zekro Wrote: Are you...implying that....it...might be possible? O_O

Well, in my opinion the PS3 is complex enough to take care of the PSvita too, at least if only few people are working on RPCS3. Tongue

However, with the current public information about the PSvita *some progress can already be done*. The point is, as always, the number, skills and free-time of the developers interested on a certain platform. Big Grin

(12-21-2013, 05:36 PM)Ekaseo Wrote: yes i were, because from what i heard, emulating it is as hard as ps3 is

I am not an expert about the PSvita platform, but it shouldn't be as hard as the PS3. At least you got a screen with a fixed resoultion, and an ARM processor which hasn't a spaghetti of cores. And talking about raw speed of the CPU and GPU, the PS3 is more powerful than Vita.

If you want a decent PSVITA emulator, do it on a pc. Unlike PSP which has a lot of security holes, this one seems pretty difficult to hack it. Emulating a PS3 game on a PC won't be probably fullspeed, so - supposedly PSVITA emulation is not too lower level emulation specific to PS3 - PSVITA emulation through PS3 emulation on a PC won't be as fast as you may expect.

As far as I know, jpcsp and ppsspp are not emulating ps1 games with pops.
(12-21-2013, 05:09 PM)Zekro Wrote: Are you...implying that....it...might be possible? O_O

Not only implying, but confirming it. Wink
DH added ARMv7 threading some time ago after we've all been discussing the projections of a Vita emulator and how it could be useful.
In fact, RPCS3 is already capable of loading Vita plain ELF files (unencrypted or debug, of course), but this is not a priority since more reverse engineering is needed.
Also, it will make more sense to write a standalone emulator first for the Vita and then explore these options later.
(12-22-2013, 05:52 PM)Hykem Wrote:

DH added ARMv7 threading some time ago after we've all been discussing the projections of a Vita emulator and how it could be useful.
In fact, RPCS3 is already capable of loading Vita plain ELF files (unencrypted or debug, of course), but this is not a priority since more reverse engineering is needed.
Also, it will make more sense to write a standalone emulator first for the Vita and then explore these options later.

what do you mean with ARMv7 threading ?
(12-24-2013, 01:12 AM)hlide Wrote:
(12-22-2013, 05:52 PM)Hykem Wrote:

what do you mean with ARMv7 threading ?

This: https://github.com/DHrpcs3/rpcs3/commit/...1dc0a58e1a

DH set up a separate thread to run ELF files based on the ARM architecture (ARM v7 from the Cortex-A9 MPCore). In the commits afterwards there were some basic interpreter and disassembler implementations and finally the integration with the ELF loader.
While this is not really useful now, I believe the purpose would be to run Vita games in a parallel thread so later we could emulate the connectivity between PS3 and Vita games.
(12-25-2013, 08:23 PM)Hykem Wrote: ...

This: https://github.com/DHrpcs3/rpcs3/commit/...1dc0a58e1a

DH set up a separate thread to run ELF files based on the ARM architecture (ARM v7 from the Cortex-A9 MPCore). In the commits afterwards there were some basic interpreter and disassembler implementations and finally the integration with the ELF loader.
While this is not really useful now, I believe the purpose would be to run Vita games in a parallel thread so later we could emulate the connectivity between PS3 and Vita games.

from what I can read: he defines four types of CPU: MIPS, PPU, SPU and ARMv7. They sound more like an attempt to more genericity in the way to handle cpus. This emulator is going to do some low level emulation ?