This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What happened?
After 3299... this emulator went from perfect to horrible just like that... tactics ogre and final fantasy iv were both in perfect states and now neither can even be considered playable..... its like development went backwards...... its really dissapointing because this emulator was near perfection
(12-13-2013, 11:27 PM)ZaruenKosai Wrote: After 3299... this emulator went from perfect to horrible just like that... tactics ogre and final fantasy iv were both in perfect states and now neither can even be considered playable..... its like development went backwards...... its really dissapointing because this emulator was near perfection

That's odd... The revisions 3299 and 3300 only changed some translation strings.
Can you tell me the last revision that played those games properly? Of course you don't need to test all the revisions since 3299, but it would help if you could test for example r3300, r3350 and r3400.
(12-13-2013, 11:38 PM)Hykem Wrote:
(12-13-2013, 11:27 PM)ZaruenKosai Wrote: After 3299... this emulator went from perfect to horrible just like that... tactics ogre and final fantasy iv were both in perfect states and now neither can even be considered playable..... its like development went backwards...... its really dissapointing because this emulator was near perfection

That's odd... The revisions 3299 and 3300 only changed some translation strings.
Can you tell me the last revision that played those games properly? Of course you don't need to test all the revisions since 3299, but it would help if you could test for example r3300, r3350 and r3400.

wasnt that specific revision ... 3182 is quite glitchy as well.. fixable with extreme loss of quality though (looks like snes)

well back in the 31xx, i remember final fantasy IV was starting to have major saving issues whilst tactics ogre was flawless.. and now it seems like both are back to jpcsp 21xx status.....

i dont mean to sound rude .. im just frustrated with seeing 2 of my favorite games turn into bantha fodder during development.

i dont want to have to resort to one of those revisions where tactics ogre would freeze 2 - 3 times a battle and music would refuse to loop!
(12-13-2013, 11:48 PM)ZaruenKosai Wrote:
(12-13-2013, 11:38 PM)Hykem Wrote:

wasnt that specific revision ... 3182 is quite glitchy as well.. fixable with extreme loss of quality though (looks like snes)

well back in the 31xx, i remember final fantasy IV was starting to have major saving issues whilst tactics ogre was flawless.. and now it seems like both are back to jpcsp 21xx status.....

i dont mean to sound rude .. im just frustrated with seeing 2 of my favorite games turn into bantha fodder during development.

i dont want to have to resort to one of those revisions where tactics ogre would freeze 2 - 3 times a battle and music would refuse to loop!

No problem. Some changes have a major impact and some games end up getting worse for a lot of reasons.
In these games' case it was probably due to graphical improvements, so I need to track down exactly which revision caused this.
Could you please test these games under r3150, r3160 and r3170 and tell me which one gives the best results? Thanks!
Alright after further testing.. it seems that 3382 (3407 also) works with both .... had to fiddle around with the graphics options.... but it works...
(3415 - 3417 or 3418 is completely broken , dozens of errors when just trying to go to settings.

After that, the problem is

Enable Saving GE Screens.. ... Required to run but cutz screen size to 1/8 (can only be played at Default Size which is extremely way too small for anyones healthy eyes. , unchecked, animations are being skipped brutally..

Thanks for your quick response Hykem.

Phenominal Emulator .... most of the time...except when a problem arises..
i hate playing the guess which revision will make it work ..
i really should find safety revs that i keep no matter what ( SVN/REVS that are fully compatible)

EDIT: Nevermind, 3380 - 3422 all have serious issues.

Enabling Saving GE causes a clone of the screen to be displayed over the bottom left corner of the display .... making it impossible to see 25% of the screen.. so ill have to keep looking for a SVN that works..

EDIT 2: 3299 Seems to have this issue fixed and running with no graphical anamolys or slowdowns.. I am going to use this one ... Until the newer svns get released and ill keep experimenting until i find a good new svn .

Thanks and sorry for all the trouble i am putting you through to try and fix these issues Tongue