This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Final Fantasy I - ULUS10251
(07-10-2020, 01:05 AM)DragonNeos Wrote: Hi gid15. Were you able to figure out why the game becomes unresponsive after the opening video finishes playing using the log I uploaded to MediaFire?

Also, can you update the External Software Renderer with a new version that works on the emulator? As I mentioned on my last post, the latest revision f5f617a doesn't work (previous revision 97c0bf3 does work).
Hi DragonNeos,

I have checked in detail the log files you provided, but unfortunately, I was not able to find any clue for the video issue. It seems to not be related to the emulation of the sceMpeg module as everything looks normal there. So, the issue is somewhere else, but hard to say where... and as enabling the DEBUG is completely blocking the video, it is not an option...

For the External Software Renderer, be sure to use the latest Jpcsp version. The method "onRenderSprite" is present in the current Jpcsp version.
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
(07-10-2020, 12:36 PM)gid15 Wrote:
(07-10-2020, 01:05 AM)DragonNeos Wrote: Hi gid15. Were you able to figure out why the game becomes unresponsive after the opening video finishes playing using the log I uploaded to MediaFire?

Also, can you update the External Software Renderer with a new version that works on the emulator? As I mentioned on my last post, the latest revision f5f617a doesn't work (previous revision 97c0bf3 does work).
Hi DragonNeos,

I have checked in detail the log files you provided, but unfortunately, I was not able to find any clue for the video issue. It seems to not be related to the emulation of the sceMpeg module as everything looks normal there. So, the issue is somewhere else, but hard to say where... and as enabling the DEBUG is completely blocking the video, it is not an option...

For the External Software Renderer, be sure to use the latest Jpcsp version. The method "onRenderSprite" is present in the current Jpcsp version.

I still think there's an issue with the latest version of the External Software Renderer (f5f617a). I am using the latest JPCSP commit as of 7/18/2020 (69699f2) and I still get this error:
Code:
Running Jpcsp 64bit...
Exception in thread "GUI" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: onRenderSprite
        at jpcsp.graphics.RE.externalge.NativeUtils.initNative(Native Method)
        at jpcsp.graphics.RE.externalge.NativeUtils.init(NativeUtils.java:94)
        at jpcsp.graphics.RE.externalge.ExternalGE.init(ExternalGE.java:187)
        at jpcsp.graphics.RE.externalge.ExternalGE$ExternalGESettingsListerner.s
ettingsValueChanged(ExternalGE.java:80)
        at jpcsp.settings.AbstractBoolSettingsListener.settingsValueChanged(Abst
ractBoolSettingsListener.java:46)
ractBoolSettingsListener.java:35)
        at jpcsp.settings.Settings.registerSettingsListener(Settings.java:890)
        at jpcsp.graphics.RE.externalge.ExternalGE.init(ExternalGE.java:183)
        at jpcsp.HLE.modules.sceDisplay$AWTGLCanvas_sceDisplay.paintGL(sceDispla
y.java:152)
        at org.lwjgl.opengl.AWTGLCanvas.paint(AWTGLCanvas.java:339)
        at org.lwjgl.opengl.AWTGLCanvas.update(AWTGLCanvas.java:368)
        at sun.awt.RepaintArea.updateComponent(Unknown Source)
        at sun.awt.RepaintArea.paint(Unknown Source)
        at sun.awt.windows.WComponentPeer.handleEvent(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionP
rivilege(Unknown Source)
rivilege(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
rivilege(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
(07-18-2020, 08:45 PM)DragonNeos Wrote: I still think there's an issue with the latest version of the External Software Renderer (f5f617a). I am using the latest JPCSP commit as of 7/18/2020 (69699f2) and I still get this error:
Code:
Running Jpcsp 64bit...
Exception in thread "GUI" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: onRenderSprite
        at jpcsp.graphics.RE.externalge.NativeUtils.initNative(Native Method)
        at jpcsp.graphics.RE.externalge.NativeUtils.init(NativeUtils.java:94)
        at jpcsp.graphics.RE.externalge.ExternalGE.init(ExternalGE.java:187)
        at jpcsp.graphics.RE.externalge.ExternalGE$ExternalGESettingsListerner.s
ettingsValueChanged(ExternalGE.java:80)
ractBoolSettingsListener.java:46)
ractBoolSettingsListener.java:35)
        at jpcsp.settings.Settings.registerSettingsListener(Settings.java:890)
        at jpcsp.graphics.RE.externalge.ExternalGE.init(ExternalGE.java:183)
        at jpcsp.HLE.modules.sceDisplay$AWTGLCanvas_sceDisplay.paintGL(sceDispla
y.java:152)
        at org.lwjgl.opengl.AWTGLCanvas.paint(AWTGLCanvas.java:339)
        at org.lwjgl.opengl.AWTGLCanvas.update(AWTGLCanvas.java:368)
        at sun.awt.RepaintArea.updateComponent(Unknown Source)
        at sun.awt.RepaintArea.paint(Unknown Source)
        at sun.awt.windows.WComponentPeer.handleEvent(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
rivilege(Unknown Source)
rivilege(Unknown Source)
rivilege(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
You are right, I could also reproduce the error with the builds of the external software renderer available on emunewz. The issue doesn't happen with my own builds, that's why I did not notice. I will contact shadow.
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
Hi gid15,

yep, the release with the commit fixing it is missing. Shadow is Orphis? Were you be able to contact him?
ok sorry guys i was extremely busy. I did post it now
(01-26-2021, 08:22 AM)shadow Wrote: ok sorry guys i was extremely busy. I did post it now
Nice to see that you are OK Smile.