This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
higan v093 released
SNES 
Better late than ever let me update you about the higan release (former bsnes emulator) that was released about two weeks ago:

Here's what the author had to say:
Quote:Changelog:

added Cocoa target; higan can now be compiled for OS X Lion [Cydrak, byuu]
SNES/accuracy profile hires color blending improvements - fixes Marvelous text [AWJ]
fixed a slight bug in SNES/SA-1 VBR support caused by a typo
added support for multi-pass shaders that can load external textures (requires OpenGL 3.2+)
added game library path selection (used by ananke -> Import Game) to Settings->Advanced
system profile, shaders and cheats database can be stored in "all users" shared folders now (eg /usr/share/higan on Linux)
all configuration files are in BML format now, instead of XML
main window supports drag-and-drop for game folders
audio buffer clears when entering a modal loop on Windows (prevents audio repetition with DirectSound driver)
a substantial amount of code clean-up

Note that I do not own an official Apple computer, and test with a Hackintosh. As such, I do not feel comfortable releasing compiled binaries made on this system. hunterk graciously provided a pre-compiled package for this release, but note that I won't be offering an official OS X binary download. If you have Xcode 4.6 with the command-line tools, you can build it by running "make" in the source directory: no third-party libraries are required, as it uses Cocoa directly (no Qt or GTK+.)

Also note that some AMD cards seem to have issues with the new OpenGL driver. Please switch your video driver to OpenGL and use that if you can, even on Windows, as only the OpenGL driver is going to offer video shaders.

Lastly, Cydrak and I have decided not to continue bundling dasShiny into higan, so there won't be any Nintendo DS support in the future, sorry. The Nintendo DS is unfortunately a bad fit for a multi-system emulator, due to all of its very unique features (microphone, touch-screen, Wifi, etc), so it is better served as a separate emulator with a dedicated user interface.

Download from here:
Higan official download page