This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
JPCSP for Dummies
as of now is jre 7 in beta mode?
it already has update 1..
(12-02-2011, 03:56 PM)sasuino Wrote: as of now is jre 7 in beta mode?

http://www.java.com/en/download/faq/java7.xml

Java 7 is not in beta mode and hasn't been for a while now, but Oracle doesn't consider it to be "consumer-ready" just yet since they're still not sure whether major Java apps compiled using older Java versions are running well under Java 7. Oracle is typically being cautious and wants to wait and see to be absolutely sure that Java 7 has no problems before considering it ready for mass consumption. Even their latest Oracle database product is still using an ancient Java version. It's kinda like how NASA still sticks with older but proven technologies for mission critical components.
hey there I'm new to the sonicstage, and I need to know how to use it???
are there any youtube tutorials on how to use it?
Tongue gotta love emulation Smile Sonic X
-Intel Dual Core E2220 @2.40Ghz
-GeForce 9500 Store (Manufactured) Overclocked
-1TB
-200GB
-80GB

Mario & Sonic Fan Forum
nope. you just install it and that's all. the emulator will use it by itself.
(12-03-2011, 01:10 AM)Itaru Wrote:
(12-02-2011, 03:56 PM)sasuino Wrote: as of now is jre 7 in beta mode?

http://www.java.com/en/download/faq/java7.xml

Java 7 is not in beta mode and hasn't been for a while now, but Oracle doesn't consider it to be "consumer-ready" just yet since they're still not sure whether major Java apps compiled using older Java versions are running well under Java 7. Oracle is typically being cautious and wants to wait and see to be absolutely sure that Java 7 has no problems before considering it ready for mass consumption. Even their latest Oracle database product is still using an ancient Java version. It's kinda like how NASA still sticks with older but proven technologies for mission critical components.

I'll clarify that it's not beta but still not fully supported.
(12-04-2011, 12:01 PM)LeaT Wrote: I'll clarify that it's not beta but still not fully supported.

The reason why Java 7 is not supported for JPCSP is because the JPCSP dev team still uses Java 6 for all their current JPCSP coding and testing, and therefore they cannot make any assurances on how JPCSP will run under Java 7. Since Sun/Oracle made some internal changes in Java 7, there's a risk of backwards compatibility problems with apps compiled using previous Java versions. So it's not because Java 7 is unstable or anything like that. It wouldn't have gone past beta if it were still unstable or incomplete. I've been using Java 7 since its official release and have had no problems with it on JPCSP or my Java projects. I compile JPCSP directly from source code using JDK 7 to minimize potential compatibility problems though.
The only problem with Java 7 In its early versions was that bad which rescale screen only showed half of the screen compared with Java6.
But Actually state Working perfect with java7 Big Grin
[Image: 1388267.png]
Yeah, I had an early version of Java 7 before and my impression was that it had a lot of compability issues that to me says it is unstable in one or another way. Firefox and Java apps hate each other still.
So....I didn't know where to post this...because I posted it on the Tales of VS - ULJS00209 (Encrypted) thread...but it seems that thread is dead.
Well,so I need the help of the people who make JPCSP...I will post what I said in the game thread.

Well,I was playing to see if the game was really full playable,and noticed a few things.
The hi-ougis voices are missing,the skit faces chats don't have voices and in the start of the battle some voices are missing too.
Well,I found some other errors in the game.
The weapons of the characters have a grafical error sometimes,they get all "spiky".
When Cless uses his teleport attack or someone uses a hi-ougi,the screen goes off and then it turns back to normal after.
I will post some images with the errors.
Here are the link with the screen shots:
http://imageshack.us/g/16/semttulo8pse.png/
There's a stage in the game that the flag have a grafical error too.You can see that on the album.

Please,do something about these errors.I would really like to see the game full playable someday.It's almost there...I think there are just a few errors,like the ones I noticed above.
the missing voices won't appear until the at3+ sound format is fully understood, reverse engineered and coded into the emulator. that probably won't be happening anytime this year.