This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
JPCSP for Dummies
(03-01-2015, 11:30 PM)DragonNeos Wrote: The demo does work when I move the folder into the umdimages directory or in any directory as long as I add the path in the Configuration Settings. I probably assumed it wasn't going to work with "Load UMD..." since the demo wasn't converted into a ISO/CSO (as clicking on Load UMD... will show UMD ISO/CSO Browser). Most demos want their own folder to be placed in the GAME directory so I thought I would have to either click on "Load MemStick..." or "Load file..." but it didn't work. The README doesn't provide much insight on loading standard EBOOT.PBP (only covers ISO/CSO and homebrews in Sections 2 & 3 - Loading/Running applications & Usage).
"Load UMD..." and "Load MemStick..." should probably be merged, in a similar way to the PSP.
(03-01-2015, 11:30 PM)DragonNeos Wrote: Does JPCSP support other image formats such as DAX or JSO? [Unknown]'s application maxcso can convert standard UMD images into many formats such as CSO v2 and ZSO.
Other formats are currently not supported but probably not so difficult to implement (just needing more free time...).
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
Does JPCSP support other Cheat Code Formats that may require PSP Plugins such as FreeCheat, PSP Action Replay, TempAR, or MKUltra?

For the PSP Version of Shin Sangoku Musou - Multi Raid 2, there is a Golden Edition Mod that adds content to the game. The mod uses over 8000 GameShark codes and requires the FreeCheat Plugin. The author (Melkor) of the Golden Edition Mod describes the difficulty of trying to make the mod work on emulators such as PPSSPP: http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?...#pid101452

Some cheats in the Golden Edition Mod require a certain Refresh Rate in order to work: http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?...#pid101608
(04-02-2015, 03:59 AM)DragonNeos Wrote: Does JPCSP support other Cheat Code Formats that may require PSP Plugins such as FreeCheat, PSP Action Replay, TempAR, or MKUltra?
Only CWCheat is currently implemented.
I found the following description:
http://raing3.gshi.org/psp-utilities/#!/.../CodeTypes

(04-02-2015, 03:59 AM)DragonNeos Wrote: For the PSP Version of Shin Sangoku Musou - Multi Raid 2, there is a Golden Edition Mod that adds content to the game. The mod uses over 8000 GameShark codes and requires the FreeCheat Plugin. The author (Melkor) of the Golden Edition Mod describes the difficulty of trying to make the mod work on emulators such as PPSSPP: http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?...#pid101452

Some cheats in the Golden Edition Mod require a certain Refresh Rate in order to work: http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?...#pid101608
Current Jpcsp implementation is using a 5 milliseconds refresh rate, which is exactly what is needed by this mod. But I can't test it though...
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
How does the option in the CWCheats Menu "Import from cheat.db" work? Where should the user place the CHEAT.DB file? When the cheats are being imported from CHEAT.DB, does JPCSP ignore syntax that may be needed for PSP Plugins such as FreeCheat like _S, _G, _C0, _N2, _L, etc. (ex: _C0 Infinite Power gets imported into JPCSP as Infinite Power)?

Is there a theoretical amount of cheats that can be copied and pasted/imported from CHEAT.DB into JPCSP's CWCheat Menu without having potential problems such as freezing/crashing? The Golden Edition Mod requires thousands of codes to be continuously activated in order for it to work.

Unfortunately, the Golden Edition Mod doesn't work in JPCSP since the codes being used by the mod are GameShark codes while the emulator only supports CWCheats for now. I tried using a small sample of the codes in the mod to see if it will work in JPCSP, but no modifications were made in the game.

Example:
Code:
ULJM-05402

Infinite Power
0x212F34F8 0x00D6014F  
0x01280D70 0x00000101  
0x21280D3C 0x003A0090  
0x2127F82C 0x010B009A  
0x2127EDF4 0x010B009A

1st Character Mod Part 1  
0x111EBAB2 0x00005D5D
1st Character Mod Part 2
0x01255268 0x0000005B
1st Character Mod Part 3  
0x01255268 0x0000005D
(03-02-2015, 08:48 PM)gid15 Wrote:
(03-01-2015, 11:30 PM)DragonNeos Wrote: The demo does work when I move the folder into the umdimages directory or in any directory as long as I add the path in the Configuration Settings. I probably assumed it wasn't going to work with "Load UMD..." since the demo wasn't converted into a ISO/CSO (as clicking on Load UMD... will show UMD ISO/CSO Browser). Most demos want their own folder to be placed in the GAME directory so I thought I would have to either click on "Load MemStick..." or "Load file..." but it didn't work. The README doesn't provide much insight on loading standard EBOOT.PBP (only covers ISO/CSO and homebrews in Sections 2 & 3 - Loading/Running applications & Usage).
"Load UMD..." and "Load MemStick..." should probably be merged, in a similar way to the PSP.
Testing UMD ISO/CSO Browser on Linux, can't find any ISO/CSO.

If one of UMD path folders is not exist, UMD Browser will can't find ISO/CSO
"ms0\PSP\GAME" is not exist on linux OS.
can't delete "ms0\PSP\GAME"
(04-18-2015, 06:17 AM)onelight Wrote: Testing UMD ISO/CSO Browser on Linux, can't find any ISO/CSO.

Does it work to replace it in Settings.properties?
Code:
emu.umdpath.1=ms0/PSP/GAME
(04-18-2015, 09:05 PM)gid15 Wrote:
(04-18-2015, 06:17 AM)onelight Wrote: Testing UMD ISO/CSO Browser on Linux, can't find any ISO/CSO.

Does it work to replace it in Settings.properties?
Code:
emu.umdpath.1=ms0/PSP/GAME
it work.
I have a few questions I would like to ask about JPCSP.

1) How do you add a git hash next to the version number on JPCSP with NetBeans/Eclipse/Apache Ant? Whenever I build JPCSP with NetBeans, I only get JPCSP followed by the version number (1st Screenshot). However, when I download builds made by EmuNewz's buildbot and open it, it shows JPCSP followed by the version number and the first seven digits of the git hash (2nd Screenshot). Does the file build-auto.xml need to be modified in order to list the git hash? If so, what needs to be added?

2) Whenever I build JPCSP with NetBeans, I always have a lib folder inside the bin folder which contains all of the dependencies for the emulator. If I choose to delete the lib folder, JPCSP doesn't work. Builds made from EmuNewz's buildbot doesn't have a lib folder inside of the bin folder. What settings would I need to change in NetBeans in order to achieve the same result (not need a lib folder in the bin folder)?

3) This is an old scaling issue I'm about to address. With older builds of JPCSP, the user can click on Maximize on the top right corner to get the emulator to fill the screen (3rd Screenshot). However, starting with r2189/rf5e34ef, the emulator only scales in multiples of the PSP resolution (2x - 960x544, 3x - 1440x816, etc.) when clicking on Maximize which is why my image gets cutoff as my computer resolution is only 1152x864 (4th Screenshot). The last revision that allowed the user to maximize the screen was r2188/r77ed292. There also seems to be some scaling problem on newer revisions as there are vertical lines to the right of the H (from Bleach: Heat the Soul 5).

4) Can the Reset function on JPCSP be more robust? It seems that after clicking on Reset after once or twice when a game is loaded, the function stops working and the emulator is essentially stuck.

5) Can you add the ability to load a game after one is already loaded on JPCSP? Typically, if one would want to load another game, they would have to close the emulator since a game is already loaded and open it again in order to start a different game. If one tries to load another game after one is already loaded on JPCSP, the emulator tries to load it but fails (Log & 5th Screenshot) as the FPS displayed is a negative value. Clicking on Run will make the FPS go to 1, but nothing loads.

6) When the Logger is enabled on JPCSP, East Asian characters in games appear correctly as the emulator would display it (6th Screenshot). However, when the emulator is closed, the log.txt file always seems to be saved with ANSI Encoding and makes all East Asian characters appear as question marks. Can this behavior be modified so that any text file made by JPCSP be saved with UTF-8 Encoding?

This is the log equivalent of what is shown by the 6th Screenshot.
Code:
03:19:00  INFO hle.sceUtility - MyThread-Main - sceUtilityMsgDialogInitStart 0x08C8C110-0x08C8C3D4: result 0x00000000
mode PSP_UTILITY_MSGDIALOG_MODE_TEXT
errorValue 0x00000000
message '????????????????????????????????????????™???????????????????????????????
???????????????????

???????????????????????????????????'
options 0x000000A0
buttonPressed 0x00000000'
enterButtonString ''
backButtonString ''

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.zip   Log_r7a85087(64bit)_INFO.zip (Size: 48.38 KB / Downloads: 129)
(09-14-2015, 07:36 AM)DragonNeos Wrote: I have a few questions I would like to ask about JPCSP.

1) How do you add a git hash next to the version number on JPCSP with NetBeans/Eclipse/Apache Ant? Whenever I build JPCSP with NetBeans, I only get JPCSP followed by the version number (1st Screenshot). However, when I download builds made by EmuNewz's buildbot and open it, it shows JPCSP followed by the version number and the first seven digits of the git hash (2nd Screenshot). Does the file build-auto.xml need to be modified in order to list the git hash? If so, what needs to be added?
This is the section in build-auto.xml retrieving the git hash:
Code:
<macrodef name="gitversion" description="Get last git commit version.">
                <attribute name="dir" default="" />
                <attribute name="outputproperty" />
                <attribute name="unversionedDefault" default="" />
                <attribute name="failonerror" default="true" />
                <sequential>
                        <exec outputproperty="@{outputproperty}" executable="git" failonerror="@{failonerror}" failifexe
cutionfails="@{failonerror}">
                                <arg line="describe --always" />
                        </exec>
                </sequential>
        </macrodef>

(09-14-2015, 07:36 AM)DragonNeos Wrote: 2) Whenever I build JPCSP with NetBeans, I always have a lib folder inside the bin folder which contains all of the dependencies for the emulator. If I choose to delete the lib folder, JPCSP doesn't work. Builds made from EmuNewz's buildbot doesn't have a lib folder inside of the bin folder. What settings would I need to change in NetBeans in order to achieve the same result (not need a lib folder in the bin folder)?
No idea, I'm never using NetBeans...
(09-14-2015, 07:36 AM)DragonNeos Wrote: 3) This is an old scaling issue I'm about to address. With older builds of JPCSP, the user can click on Maximize on the top right corner to get the emulator to fill the screen (3rd Screenshot). However, starting with r2189/rf5e34ef, the emulator only scales in multiples of the PSP resolution (2x - 960x544, 3x - 1440x816, etc.) when clicking on Maximize which is why my image gets cutoff as my computer resolution is only 1152x864 (4th Screenshot). The last revision that allowed the user to maximize the screen was r2188/r77ed292. There also seems to be some scaling problem on newer revisions as there are vertical lines to the right of the H (from Bleach: Heat the Soul 5).

4) Can the Reset function on JPCSP be more robust? It seems that after clicking on Reset after once or twice when a game is loaded, the function stops working and the emulator is essentially stuck.

5) Can you add the ability to load a game after one is already loaded on JPCSP? Typically, if one would want to load another game, they would have to close the emulator since a game is already loaded and open it again in order to start a different game. If one tries to load another game after one is already loaded on JPCSP, the emulator tries to load it but fails (Log & 5th Screenshot) as the FPS displayed is a negative value. Clicking on Run will make the FPS go to 1, but nothing loads.

6) When the Logger is enabled on JPCSP, East Asian characters in games appear correctly as the emulator would display it (6th Screenshot). However, when the emulator is closed, the log.txt file always seems to be saved with ANSI Encoding and makes all East Asian characters appear as question marks. Can this behavior be modified so that any text file made by JPCSP be saved with UTF-8 Encoding?

This is the log equivalent of what is shown by the 6th Screenshot.
Code:
03:19:00  INFO hle.sceUtility - MyThread-Main - sceUtilityMsgDialogInitStart 0x08C8C110-0x08C8C3D4: result 0x00000000
mode PSP_UTILITY_MSGDIALOG_MODE_TEXT
errorValue 0x00000000
message '????????????????????????????????????????™???????????????????????????????
???????????????????

???????????????????????????????????'
options 0x000000A0
buttonPressed 0x00000000'
enterButtonString ''
backButtonString ''
Excellent that you are working on these issues Smile