This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
JPCSP for Dummies
my screen freeze when i play final fantasy dissidia 012, what should i do?
Hey, guys. I'm having problems trying to emulate Persona 2: Innocent Sin. My PC is a i5 2500, 4gb ram and Radeon HD 6870. The problem is: I have a heavy loss of framerates when inside some areas (the classrooms at the begining, for example). I usually play the game at 30+ fps but, when these losses happen, I go down to 5~13 FPS. I've installed Java 32 since I've read that the emulator doesn't work very well with Java 64.

I know there's a topic (http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread....ht=persona) for that game already and I've posted there but got no replies. I saw that Hyakki posted his configurations when he tested the game but it wason JPCSP r2319 and I don't know if his GPU is ATI (I've heard the emulator doesn't work very well with it) or NVIDIA. I hope someone who've played that game on a recent JPCSP build can give mesome help. Thanks.
IDK if your PC is 32 or 64 bit..

Quote:32 or 64 bit?
You should also decide whether you want the 32 bit or 64 bit version. Now that 64 bit finally got Xuggle support I highly recommend getting 64 bit if you got more than 2 GB RAM installed on your computer. It should be noted that Mac users cannot get sound at this point in time because there is no codec available for Mac unless you want to do it the hard way and decode the files yourself, so if sound is important to you I recommend getting the Windows version (assuming you own a machine with Windows installed).

Additional notes about 32 vs 64 bit: It is important that you also download the appropriate Java bit version for your computer, meaning you cannot run JPCSP 64 bit with 32 bit Java. Ensure you always pick the right bit version based on your OS. As a general rule of thumb: 2 GB RAM = 32 bit, 4 or more = 64 bit.

Quote:I think it needs to be clarified that if you want to run the 32-bit version of JPCSP, you need to use the 32-bit version of the Java Runtime Environment even if your operating system is 64-bit. To run the 64-bit version of JPCSP, your operating system must be 64-bit and you must use 64-bit Java.
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.93Ghz
VIDCARD: GeForce 7500 GT
RAM: 2GB
JAVA: 6_38 & 7 (both installed but only 7 is enabled)
JPCSP: Rev. 2968
i added the info for installing the atrac3plus2wav decoder to the first page's tutorials under "JPCSP and sound".

it should be easy enough for anyone who follows it to get atrac3+ stereo and mono sound playing in jpcsp.
I wish someone could help me, as I am trying to get the sound to work, but sadly I couldn't install sonicstage and the 2nd method didnt work either, although i followed the steps precisely and ended up with those 2 files in the specified folder, but no luck Sad.
i got sonicstage installed. it allowed music in maverick hunter x (but no sound fx/voices) but every other game ive tried only allows sound fx.. and voices. (some). is this strange? backwards? i dont know. im now trying to install atrac3+ to enable music in games and i put both the dll from soundforge and the atrac3plus2wav.exe decoder in the lib/windowsx86/ directory. when i tried to load a game (castlevania dracula x chronicles) it gave an error saying atrac3plus2wav decoder has stopped working. did i get a wrong version? what step did i miss? there are so many different explanations and its so confusing. major headache
(04-07-2013, 02:13 AM)synikk Wrote: i got sonicstage installed. it allowed music in maverick hunter x (but no sound fx/voices) but every other game ive tried only allows sound fx.. and voices. (some). is this strange? backwards? i dont know. im now trying to install atrac3+ to enable music in games and i put both the dll from soundforge and the atrac3plus2wav.exe decoder in the lib/windowsx86/ directory. when i tried to load a game (castlevania dracula x chronicles) it gave an error saying atrac3plus2wav decoder has stopped working. did i get a wrong version? what step did i miss? there are so many different explanations and its so confusing. major headache

you have to download Soundforge 9.0e (not 9.0d)
psp 
excuse me, I can't start up with the .bat

# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
# EXCEPTION_INT_DIVIDE_BY_ZERO (0xc0000094) at pc=0x000000006316a67f, pid=4640, tid=3860
# JRE version: 7.0_17-b02
# Java VM: Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (23.7-b01 mixed mode windows-amd64 compressed oops)
# Problematic frame:
# C [atio6axx.dll+0x118a67f] DrvPresentBuffers+0x114793f
# Failed to write core dump. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of Windows
This is a bit of a problem for new users and somewhat relevant to the guide, which is why I'm posting it here.

I only just recently downloaded JPCSP and the guide is helpful for everything but the sound :) It seems that they've discontinued SonicStage recently;

"Please note that the download service for SonicStage® CP Software (SonicStage Ver.4.3) Update program will be discontinued from March 29, 2013 onwards."

Is there an alternative way of doing sound, or a way to still install SonicStage after all? Thank you <3
What about JPCSP for dummies... Huh
Java Performance Benchmark : OS X vs. Windows vs. Linux ? Intel vs AMD?
OpenGL Performance Benchmark : OS X vs. Windows vs. Linux ? Intel vs AMD vs Nvidia ?

Idea Mesa 3D is an open source implementation of OpenGL. It can do pure software rendering, and it may also use hardware acceleration on the Linux platform by taking advantage of the Direct Rendering Infrastructure. As of version 9.0, it implements version 3.1 of the OpenGL standard (source: wikipedia).
“In the end.. What I've done! Best of the best vengeance is bettering myself. So I'm breaking my limits! This is it...”Claudius Zephyros