This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
JPCSP for Dummies
(12-28-2012, 10:16 PM)Noir_Neko Wrote: Anyone knows where I can find the source code of jpcsp?

https://code.google.com/p/jpcsp/
Hiya guys... I have a question:
Sometime ago I had SonicStage installed decoding sound files with an old build of JPCSP, then I got a newer one and the infamous no-sound issue returned. I had to install SonicStage again to fix it. My question is, do I have to do it again and again each time I get a different build?
You should only have to install sonic stage once, dunno what happened to your install but if you install or change alot of codecs its possible something like that messed it up.
anyways you should be able to freely update builds without having to re-install ss each time.
You REALLY need to add a note about OpenMG to this "Guide for Dummies". I could not get any sound to work for the life of me. I spent about 4 hours trying different combinations of SoundForge, SoundStage, 32 bit emu, 64 bit emu, the mono atrac plugin, and everything in-between. I uninstalled and re-installed everything multiple times and was getting horribly frustrated. I also went through hundreds of pages online looking for a solution. I found ONE source that recommended installing OpenMG but implied that it was included with SoundStage and wasn't needed. Obviously there is something going on here as I had already installed and re installed SoundStage several times without luck and it only worked when I installed OpenMG separately. I signed up on these forums JUST to post this in hopes that it would save someone a massive headache. Thanks.
(01-02-2013, 02:07 AM)solidshredder Wrote: You REALLY need to add a note about OpenMG to this "Guide for Dummies". I could not get any sound to work for the life of me. I spent about 4 hours trying different combinations of SoundForge, SoundStage, 32 bit emu, 64 bit emu, the mono atrac plugin, and everything in-between. I uninstalled and re-installed everything multiple times and was getting horribly frustrated. I also went through hundreds of pages online looking for a solution. I found ONE source that recommended installing OpenMG but implied that it was included with SoundStage and wasn't needed. Obviously there is something going on here as I had already installed and re installed SoundStage several times without luck and it only worked when I installed OpenMG separately. I signed up on these forums JUST to post this in hopes that it would save someone a massive headache. Thanks.

OpenMG usually does come with sonicstage (~4.3) and it is a required component since that includes most of the codecs, usually you can look under 'add and remove programs' to see if its installed, it should be called something like OpenMG secure module if its missing you might have to manually install it
(01-02-2013, 03:03 AM)hyakki Wrote:
(01-02-2013, 02:07 AM)solidshredder Wrote: You REALLY need to add a note about OpenMG to this "Guide for Dummies". I could not get any sound to work for the life of me. I spent about 4 hours trying different combinations of SoundForge, SoundStage, 32 bit emu, 64 bit emu, the mono atrac plugin, and everything in-between. I uninstalled and re-installed everything multiple times and was getting horribly frustrated. I also went through hundreds of pages online looking for a solution. I found ONE source that recommended installing OpenMG but implied that it was included with SoundStage and wasn't needed. Obviously there is something going on here as I had already installed and re installed SoundStage several times without luck and it only worked when I installed OpenMG separately. I signed up on these forums JUST to post this in hopes that it would save someone a massive headache. Thanks.

OpenMG usually does come with sonicstage (~4.3) and it is a required component since that includes most of the codecs, usually you can look under 'add and remove programs' to see if its installed, it should be called something like OpenMG secure module if its missing you might have to manually install it

That's exactly what I am saying. I DID have to install it. You should mention that in this guide that you might have to manually install OpenMG separately from SonicStage to get basic audio working. Knowing that would have saved me a LOT of grief.
Another question: can I use, for example, a US savedata/DLC for a Japanese UMD? (of the same game, of course)
(11-25-2011, 11:49 PM)LeaT Wrote: Comparing JPCSP to other emulators that have been in development a long time is therefore useless, as they are different emulators. Saying that "I get full speed when I use P64 and PCSX2, why don't get I get that with JPCSP?" is pointless, because they are different emulators!

Ono, I disagree. I would say that has plenty of relevance: it means they are better emulators.

Stability over speed? Yeah, wow, you really value that quite a bit, I can tell. So much so that you make the emulator unuseable. "Playable" my arse. At the slo-mo underwater speed that SFA3 Max is running at, it pretty much makes the game unbearable to play. 33 FPS I average on that. So fuck stability over speed. When it's this slow, that becomes insignificant. This is the worst emulator I've ever come across.
Badunkadunk, I must disagree with you. Here's why:

(01-17-2013, 07:08 AM)Badunkadunk Wrote: I would say that has plenty of relevance: it means they are better emulators.

How useful is an emulator that runs at full speed, but has several bugs, crashes constantly, or doesn't run all (or the majority) of its respective platform's games? PJ64 is openly incomplete, as few to no games run without one bug or another, even though it can run virtually every N64 game. PCSX2 may not have as many bugs, but its compatibility isn't nearly as good as PJ64 or JPCSP (The Japanese version of Street Fighter EX3 never worked at all and Onimusha Buraiden doesn't run anymore since a VERY old build). JPCSP naturally has some flaws, but I guess it's more compatible than PCSX2.

(01-17-2013, 07:08 AM)Badunkadunk Wrote: At the slo-mo underwater speed that SFA3 Max is running at, it pretty much makes the game unbearable to play.

Did you take a look at your PC's configs? Some emulators require more CPU power than others, especially when they run in a virtual machine, like JPCSP. Taking your example, I played SFZ3 here, and it indeed was very slow. Since my PC is x64, I tried using JPCSP x64, and voila: the game ran at roughly 90% speed, and my notebook is quite old already! Other games, particularly Rider Generation 2 and the two Rurouni Kenshin games, ran at full speed, while others, like Irregular Hunter X and Rockman Rockman, were still slow.

(01-17-2013, 07:08 AM)Badunkadunk Wrote: This is the worst emulator I've ever come across.

Well, after I analyzed your post, I can say that you should consider your PC's hardware limitation before blaming the emulator for below-average (for your expectation) performance.
i know u busy but plz read this i know why jpcsp is bad because its Build by java and have many problem- -

but now its also can use while another emu develop

but its have one major ploblem about memory leak becuz java cant- -deleate theun use file poperly right?

its occur problem in big game sus as dissiadia 012 can u help fix its - - and also gabage clolletor in jpcsp luncher is bad its useless

- - open large page will make my pc broken

form my experreance after play Dessiadia 1-2 Dungeoun my emu start to
jiggle more and more some time crash emulator

logs show almost memory leak - - perm memory lerk Etc some time but few sse 2 3 4 error- -

i dont know how to fix this now every time i finish dungeoun ihave tosave and re open emu again

tK u alot plz help me and answer i think after u can solve memory ploblem j jpcsp its will 70 percen and can use by most of game

now major ploblem is memory leak