This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
problems emulating KH BBS
I'm new to this whole emulator thing and am having a few problems with BBS:

My first problem is that neither motioninjoy nor JPcsp are recognizing my Dualshock 3 controller. My computer recognizes it and i can find it on the game controller panel in motioninjoy but it will not connect.

My second problem is that i am unable to use full screen in JPcsp. pressing F4 turns my entire screen black and crashes the emulator.

My final problem is with the game itself i am making it to the first loading screen but nothing ever loads from that screen.

any help would be much appretiated
There is no hotkey that can activate fullscreen mode on JPCSP. To use fullscreen mode, go to Configuration and click on the Display tab. Check the option "Start JPCSP in fullscreen exclusive mode." Do not mess with anything else on the Display tab. After you enable this option, close JPCSP and restart it. You should get a white screen in the middle with black bars on the top and bottom. Right click on the white screen area and options should show up. Click through the options to load your game.

I can't help you with your controller problem because I play using my keyboard. As for your game problem, you need to post your settings and computer specifications.
thank you i'm going to guess i have an out dated version of JPcsp because mine lists a hot key for full screen and doesn't have a display tab in configuration. I'll download the latest version and see if that fixes some of my problems.

Also which system specs would you need, I can open the first area and watch the opening cut scene, i would expect that cut scene to be more graphic intensive than any other part of the game.
Well it would be best if you could list the main stuff like CPU, GPU, RAM, and OS. You also need to list your settings since I wouldn't know what options you have enabled for this game (I am not psychic). Although, the main problem could be that you made a bad dump of your game. Redump Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep from your PSP and try it on JPCSP using the latest revision. It would be useful if you can post a picture of your problem with the loading screen.