This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
get a PSP-3000? wait it out for Vita?
psp 
seems like it would be a while before PSP emulation can run commercial games at full speed.

been thinking of getting a PSP-3000 thats going around for $99 and using some kind of firmware update to play of a mem card.. is the 3000 series okay?

or should I just wait it out for the Vita since it has some backwards compatibility?
It has been a while since psp emulation can run commercial games at full speed and far better graphic.

I'd wait for Vita if you want handheld tho'.
(11-25-2011, 06:42 PM)freshasian Wrote: seems like it would be a while before PSP emulation can run commercial games at full speed.

been thinking of getting a PSP-3000 thats going around for $99 and using some kind of firmware update to play of a mem card.. is the 3000 series okay?

or should I just wait it out for the Vita since it has some backwards compatibility?

I'd get the 3000 though since the release version of any console have bugs and are overpriced.
Funny thing, I spend more time on the forum instead of on emulators Tongue

(11-25-2011, 06:57 PM)bugmenot Wrote: It has been a while since psp emulation can run commercial games at full speed and far better graphic.

I'd wait for Vita if you want handheld tho'.

yeah I do prefer playing a monitor because I think PSP games look fine on a bigger screen.. but have not gotten FFIV or Megaman Powered up to run at full speed Confused
For me if I get a handheld, its important I can play on a bigger screen.

As far as I know they canned the video out on Vita which makes it a complete no go for me. Even the psp 3000 tho seems has no easy way to output to a pc monitor, it seems either needs a fancy adaptor which is very hard to get hold off or a custom firmware which can link with pc software. Both seem problematic.

Also the prices.

In the UK at the moment all the shops selling the psp 3000 for cheap are sold out, so I can either buy it at a high price close to the vita price or buy a 2nd hand one for close to what those shops sell brand new (if in stock). I suspect since they probably not been made anymore they wont get stock again.

Another thing putting me off is whether or not PSN for PSP wil lkeep working when Vita is launched.

Finally is there any info if Vita can play PSP games (and the PS1 games that PSP can play)?

The emulator seems the perfect solution although I am still deciding or not whether to buy a psp.
Vita can play PSN PSP games, google it if you don't understand.
shame about the video out eh?
Who cares? I'm using consoles if I want to play at home.
how do you play psp/psv exclusives on that console?

After I found out the Vita can play psp games, I was tempted, and if the video out was there and the proprietery memory wasnt such a ripoff I probably would have ordered one.

There is no doubt the lack of video out will lose them sales, as a google shows quite a few people who agree with me, but I do understand why sony did it, as they probably feared it will effect PS3 sales, what I do expect is them to have a facility for it to use a PS3 to stream to tv.

Crisis core is a game alone that probably made 100s of thousands buy a psp, due to its exclusivity and ff7's success.
(11-29-2011, 04:54 AM)chrcol Wrote: how do you play psp/psv exclusives on that console?

After I found out the Vita can play psp games, I was tempted, and if the video out was there and the proprietery memory wasnt such a ripoff I probably would have ordered one.

There is no doubt the lack of video out will lose them sales, as a google shows quite a few people who agree with me, but I do understand why sony did it, as they probably feared it will effect PS3 sales, what I do expect is them to have a facility for it to use a PS3 to stream to tv.

Crisis core is a game alone that probably made 100s of thousands buy a psp, due to its exclusivity and ff7's success.

I don't, but the game doesn't look ugly because of shitty upscale either.

Japanese disagree with you and they were the biggest market for PSP, I bet it is partially the nonexistent PSP market on the west that killed your precious TV out.