This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Critical Error : Your display format..." etc...
"Critical Error : Your display format is not compatible with Jpcsp or the anti-aliasing settings is not supported by your display"
I've been trying to get the emulator to work, but i keep getting this error. Anti-aliasing is off. Could someone help me solve it?
If you need any information, please ask for it.
Thanks!
well, your pc's specs would be a good start. cpu, graphic card, max/current resolution your monitor can do, operating system, installed java etc
I'm new to this thing, so I don't really know if it's my own ignorance causing the problem, but the same thing's happening to me. My specs are...

Model: HP Pavilion dv5 (Basic)
Processor: Intel Core2 Duo, 2.00 GHz
Graphics: Mobile Intel 45 Express Chipset Family
Current/Max Res: 1280x800
Java 6 Update 30

I've tried running JPCSP using both "native" and 1280x800 as the resolution, I even tried 800x600 just to see if it did anything different, every time with Anti-aliasing off, but I keep getting this error...

EDIT: For the sake of clarity, I start up JPCSP using the start-windows-amd64.bat file, I open up the UMD Load menu, and double click on my Kingdom Hearts BBS iso. After it processes things for a few seconds, it gives the the Critical Error.
Should only use native. Other resolution options don't work yet. It could be an issue with your graphics card. Have you tried to update your drivers?

Also, did you try the cube test?

If neither of these work I'm afraid your notebook might simply be too old/weak for JPCSP.
Alright, the cube isn't working, so I guess it is too outdated. Thanks though, I'd have spent hours trying to figure out what to do to make it work!