This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Savegame Troubles
(07-26-2013, 09:24 AM)nightflyer Wrote:
(07-26-2013, 06:34 AM)gid15 Wrote:
(07-25-2013, 09:37 PM)sum2012 Wrote: r3325
Log 1 use r3304 save - fail
Log 2 use r3325 save - Sucess
edit:add r3304 save log
#3 only load log
Jpcsp is using the date of the savedata file to find out if this is a pre-r3306 file or not:
- if date of savedata file < 2013-07-12: file is interpreted as pre-r3306
- if date of savedata file >= 2013-07-12: file is interpreted as r3306 or later

This should work for normal users, but will not work if you specifically do tests now with r3304: e.g. create savedata now with r3304 and try to import them with r3325, they will be interpreted with the new format because their creation date was after Jul 12.

Wouldn't it be easier to check if there is a value for saveFileSecureEntriesAddr if there is no SAVEDATA_FILE_LIST? Because if there is, we know it must be a savefile from an old revision right?

Anyway, I tried r3326 and loading worked so far, so good work and thanks.
The reason is for games using multiple file names in SAVEDATA_FILE_LIST: when only one file is updated, the SAVEDATA_FILE_LIST is created and this one file name is stored in PARAM.SFO. But the other files are not necessarily being updated and thus not stored in SAVEDATA_FILE_LIST. In such a situation, we have a mix inside one savadata directory: the updated files can be handled according to SAVEDATA_FILE_LIST but the other files have to be handled the old way.

I hope to get rid of this compatibility option in a few months... when nobody tries to read old savedata anymore.
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
As far as I see, isSecureFile is called for every file individually. If we have the situation you described, we have a SAVEDATA_FILE_LIST(because PARAMS.SFO has been updated upon saving a file).
Now if an old savedata-file is loaded, the check for the existance of the SAVEDATA_FILE_LIST works and we only get a fail because the file we are looking at is not included in the SAVEDATA_FILE_LIST.

What I'm proposing is this: If isSecureFile returns false, check if we have a valid value for saveFileSecureEntriesAddr before we declare it to be saved as normal.
That would be a fix that works if there is a SAVEDATA_FILE_LIST as well as when there is none.
hey guys, I'm a new member here, but I've been following this thread since last year because I encountered the same problem with the post 3306 saves getting treated as corrupt. I can be considered as a normal user but I do have some understanding with file systems and I just want to ask for help.

I've stopped playing VC2 after the r3306 problem and decided to let some updates fix it and inadvertently forgot about it until a few days ago. From what I can understand, I need to load the save game on an r3304, make a save, then load that save on an r3326 or something, correct? Do I need to have the crypto mode on? Because I use the raw save and from what I know there are no easy way of encrypting/decrypting save files without a psp. I want to play my pre-r3306 save on a newer revision for better emulation quality. Please advise.
(09-10-2014, 10:34 AM)Pa010 Wrote: hey guys, I'm a new member here, but I've been following this thread since last year because I encountered the same problem with the post 3306 saves getting treated as corrupt. I can be considered as a normal user but I do have some understanding with file systems and I just want to ask for help.

I've stopped playing VC2 after the r3306 problem and decided to let some updates fix it and inadvertently forgot about it since a few days ago. From what I can understand, I need to load the save game on an r3304, make a save, then load that save on an r3326 or something, correct? Do I need to have the crypto mode on? Because I use the raw save and from what I know there are no easy way of encrypting/decrypting save files without a psp. I want to play my pre-r3306 save on a newer revision for better emulation quality. Please advise.
please share you savedata, I will help you.
Here it is. Created in r3262 with Crypto mode off. Thanks for taking the trouble to help me.

Attached Files
.zip   ULUS10515.zip (Size: 175.06 KB / Downloads: 113)
(09-10-2014, 01:47 PM)Pa010 Wrote: Here it is. Created in r3262 with Crypto mode off. Thanks for taking the trouble to help me.
done

.zip   ULUS10515.zip (Size: 175.34 KB / Downloads: 140) need disable SAVEDATA encryption
(09-10-2014, 03:15 PM)onelight Wrote:
(09-10-2014, 01:47 PM)Pa010 Wrote: Here it is. Created in r3262 with Crypto mode off. Thanks for taking the trouble to help me.
done
need disable SAVEDATA encryption

Dude it works. You have my gratitude *bows* Sorry for the late reply, I fell asleep.
Hey everyone,

How can i load a savegame of a noname DMD map ?

Thanks in advance - Dark18