This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Docs and tutorials?
Hi all!

I have some experience in programming, and I am just very curious about developing an emulator of a such complex system like ps3.

I have read some tutorials "How to write an emulator...", but they all describe simple example architectures (obviously), so i think that there are a ton of issues when you approach a more complex architecture.

Can I ask for some docs or books that can help me to understand the developing process of a such complex emulator ?

For example:

- do you have all the documentation about the ps3 hardware or you need only specific parts of the architecture ?
- where have you found it ?
- do you develop the different components (eg. cpu, gpu, etc) separately and then put them all together ?
- are there things undocumented ?
- are there good books on emulation ?
- is there any rpcs3 documentation ?

I know, these are a lot of questions, i do not pretend you answer them all Smile just few tips are also appreciated.

thank you very much

Keep up the good work
http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/ has a lot of useful information.