This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hey new here, got it running but encountered a few issues
jpcsp works fine

i have
Mobile intel 945 express chipset family
intel core T5300 1.73 Ghz
i dont know much about cpu power but i thinks ok. nintendo ds and psx emulators run with no issues

the sound works
the intro fmvs work
rom loads up

persona 1 works perfect but the screen does a flash every time i take a step. basically every frame has a flash, it hurts your eyes if you walk around too long

right now i tried FF4 complete collection and everything was fine.
intro, menus but when game starts up the frame rate is craptastic. i think like it had like 1-5 fps
(06-17-2013, 12:05 AM)enigmatic247 Wrote: jpcsp works fine

i have
Mobile intel 945 express chipset family
intel core T5300 1.73 Ghz
i dont know much about cpu power but i thinks ok. nintendo ds and psx emulators run with no issues

the sound works
the intro fmvs work
rom loads up

persona 1 works perfect but the screen does a flash every time i take a step. basically every frame has a flash, it hurts your eyes if you walk around too long

right now i tried FF4 complete collection and everything was fine.
intro, menus but when game starts up the frame rate is craptastic. i think like it had like 1-5 fps
Hardware requirements
It is recommended that you have at least a 3.0 or equivalent dualcore processor, 2 GB RAM and a Geforce 6600GT or equivalent graphics card to make JPCSP run at a "decent" speed. This does not mean that it is necessarily full speed, but it is "playable". Further, it is important to note that even if your computer has the latest hardware available JPCSP can still be slow because the staff is currently working on compability and stability rather than speed.

from topic http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=14984
I can't believe you even made such a comparison by saying something along the lines of "my laptop can run a Nintendo DS emulator and PlayStation One emulator so it can run JPCSP at a decent speed." You overestimate the speed of your hardware and you don't know what programming code the emulator runs in. Java is slower compared to C or any of its variants. JPCSP also uses OpenGL, which means that it won't run well on a laptop with a Intel graphics card. Other emulators can make use of DirectX if your computer runs the Windows OS.

Take the time to read what each setting does and don't just experiment blindly. I assume that you checked "Only GE graphics" because you stated that you encounter flickering/flashing in game. Most games don't need this option activated.