This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd - ULJM05800
In r3114 gid15 implemented sceMpegAvcConvertToYuv420 and sceJpegCsc, which are used by this game.
Any improvements?
using r 3115
yep it goes further now
the movies show now (i love watching these)
but after the intro nothing but a black screen
here is an compiler log

Attached Files
.zip   log.zip (Size: 1.15 MB / Downloads: 165)
Hi there, it's me again! Big Grin

I know that Monster Hunter Portable 3rd can't be run on JPCSP, only it's HD version. For that to work many things need to be done, and not all of us can do it for certain reasons.

That's why I've made a topic so that everyone can contribute with logs to help the developers fix some MHP3rd related issues.

Here are my logs:

1. I tried to run the game as usual, but then I got bad looking textures and stuff, and it didn't even start, because everytime I started the emulator it got frozen. This is because it wants to read from a memory address that it finds incorrect.

Log 1 - Game doesn't even start because of memory errors

-----

2. Because it didn't start, I thought I need to set the option Ignore Invalid Memory Access on. So I did. Now the game started, but the textures and even the video looked very odd, bad and stuff. Trying to not mind that for this time, I tried running the game, creating my character (no error on the character, only on menus and stuff), and after I've created him I needed to watch a video. After the video the game just freezes. Tried to log the usual stuff at INFO level, then at ALL level, if we need a new Log setting then please let us know.

Until then, here's the Log file with Ignore Invalid Memory Access turned on: Log 2 - Ignore Invalid Memory Access toggled on
(06-07-2013, 08:54 PM)The_Reaper_CooL Wrote: I know that Monster Hunter Portable 3rd can't be run on JPCSP, only it's HD version. For that to work many things need to be done, and not all of us can do it for certain reasons.
Merged into game thread.

The reason for this game not running is this unimplemented function:
Code:
22:26:39  WARN hle.scePauth - user_main_c - Unimplemented scePauth_98B83B5D inputAddr=0x09297C40, inputLength=0x48000, resultLengthAddr=0x09FFF580, workArea=0x08AACE84
This function implements some decryption and is still unknown. As long as this function is not available, the game won't probably run correctly.
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
Source is here.Hope useful
https://code.google.com/p/procfw/source/...te/pauth.c

(06-07-2013, 09:29 PM)gid15 Wrote:
(06-07-2013, 08:54 PM)The_Reaper_CooL Wrote: I know that Monster Hunter Portable 3rd can't be run on JPCSP, only it's HD version. For that to work many things need to be done, and not all of us can do it for certain reasons.
Merged into game thread.

The reason for this game not running is this unimplemented function:
Code:
22:26:39  WARN hle.scePauth - user_main_c - Unimplemented scePauth_98B83B5D inputAddr=0x09297C40, inputLength=0x48000, resultLengthAddr=0x09FFF580, workArea=0x08AACE84
This function implements some decryption and is still unknown. As long as this function is not available, the game won't probably run correctly.
I got my hands on Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD, and I've noticed some things when I've compared the file structures of both games. I'll make some tests and report back when I'm done (possibly in a couple of hours or so)
Okay, I'm back with the testing Big Grin

I'm proud to say that I could run Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD on JPCSP, AND IT'S TRANSLATED.

I've managed to put my Hungarian Monster Hunter Portable 3rd translation on this PS3 version, but that doesn't mean that it would work on a PS3 (I didn't make the files, I requested for them somewhere). Now that I can play with it as I understand the game I'm going to do some testing Big Grin
r3403 same

Attached Files
.zip   r3403log.zip (Size: 16.78 KB / Downloads: 115)
As a workaround, and since it was asked by several users, I've added the ability to load externally decrypted PAUTH data in r3407.
When running the game, a folder called PAUTH will be generated under tmp>ULJM05800 that will contain several .bin and .key files. These can be used to generate decrypted PAUTH files in a real PSP.
The process is identical to the one used by PPSSPP, which was implemented by tpunix (https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/pull/4074 ). Also, I've used the same naming structure so if you already decrypted these files to use with PPSSPP, they should work with JPCSP as well. Just place them under tmp>ULJM05800>PAUTH.
(10-27-2013, 07:48 PM)Hykem Wrote: As a workaround, and since it was asked by several users, I've added the ability to load externally decrypted PAUTH data in r3407.
When running the game, a folder called PAUTH will be generated under tmp>ULJM05800 that will contain several .bin and .key files. These can be used to generate decrypted PAUTH files in a real PSP.
The process is identical to the one used by PPSSPP, which was implemented by tpunix (https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/pull/4074 ). Also, I've used the same naming structure so if you already decrypted these files to use with PPSSPP, they should work with JPCSP as well. Just place them under tmp>ULJM05800>PAUTH.

thanks for dev team, Big Grin

this is great, MHP3rd is playable by applying PAUTH patch.
by the way I'm eager to play this game multiplayer via LAN , maybe I'll test later when my bro is arround.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)