This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kingdom Hearts Birth by sleep freezes
Greetings!

Sorry for bothering you nice people here. I'll try not to sound stupid. I don't even know if I'm supposed to post here.

So, as the title of the thread says, I tried to play Kingdom Hearts Birth by sleep on jpcsp. I've looked around the forum for a while and I can't seem to find a solution to my problem. Most of the problems were either the sound or black screens. But my game loads, has perfect sound, I get around 25 fps which is acceptable, the cutscenes work, but not for long.

First comes the intro (perfectly fine), then some dude says "this world is just too small" (perfectly fine), then come another cutscene, and the game freezes every time, at the exact same spot, like it hated this exact frame.
I've tried to change some thing in the configuration, it improved the performance, but the freeze still remains.

I got a screenshot, it shows the place when it crashes, and when it does, the cmd suddenly gives a shitload of messages.

I've been thinking this could be a problem in the game file, or the jpcsp version is not compatible, but I'm not sure. I'm using the latest build.(3200)

Thanks in advance.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, nevermind. I downloaded a bunch of older builds and I found one (3090) that made the game playable.
I get 25-30 fps, some graphical glitches but I can live with them. Strangely, it has better performance that the latest build.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

You must install the game data otherwise it won't work.

I once got past the freeze without installing the game data and the first loading screen is looping forever, so you must do it anyways.
You have my thanks, sir. It worked and I got past the freeze. Yet the older build that I found (3090) has better performance, so I don't think I'll use the latest again.
Also, do you, by any chance, know how to get rid of the graphical garbage that is everywhere? It is not much of a problem to me, it's just strange that in every version and option that I tried, the graphical garbage is always there.