This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Enable VAO" r3147
Hello. I'm brazilian, so sorry for my bad english.

Starting with r3147, when I check "Enable VAO", KH Birth by Sleep FM graphics become all glitchy. This still occurs in r3167.

Screenshot r3147 - Enable VAO checked:
[Image: hZ8G1NI.png]
[Image: JLT5oIu.png]

Screenshot r3147 - Enable VAO unchecked:
[Image: GTvnlYb.png]
[Image: hVp4H72.png]

Screenshot r3129 - Enable VAO checked:
[Image: ZOVQq22.png]
[Image: fKL5ciy.png]

I've been using this options since ever (at least 6 months), because for me, it increases FPS.
As for the game, I have the original UMD and I've patched it myself.

Attached Files
.txt   log r3129.txt (Size: 34.74 KB / Downloads: 91)
.txt   log r3147.txt (Size: 35.83 KB / Downloads: 96)
That's exactly the same problem I mentioned on my thread! At last someone else who has the same problem as me.

Only difference is that I also have checked the disable UBO option but it makes no difference that one. I mean checked or unchecked the UBO option the graphics look glitchy if the enable VAO option is checked. Other than that you and I use the same video options.

Also that glitch started with r3137, since I tested r3133 and the games I had this issue with worked fine on that version (r3133).

And much like you I also need those options checked to get more FPS on the games I play.
Where did you download r3137? I said it started in r3147 because I could not download the revs between 3129 and 3147.
Btw, it's good to know I'm not alone! XD
(05-25-2013, 10:43 PM)gintoki147 Wrote: Where did you download r3137? I said it started in r3147 because I could not download the revs between 3129 and 3147.
Btw, it's good to know I'm not alone! XD

I found it right on this same forum here:

http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread....#pid185131

and the r3133 I found it on jpcsp official site here:

http://www.jpcsp.org/index.php?p=news&pa...nc=forward (just scroll down till you see r3133)

in fact on the emulator's official site you also can find r3138 and r3139 of the emulator.

And yeah. I'm glad too that I wasn't the only one with this issue, so at least now I know is not my PC the one to blame XD

Someone on my thread asked me why I have all those video options checked and much like you I need them for better speed.

For the record, the first Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep [ULUS-10505] also presents the same problem with the graphics too, much like you're getting the graphic issues with Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Full Mix. Not surprising seeing that both have the same kind of graphincs and such.
I can confirm VAO is completely broken in latest revisions...but that option always had problems so I never used it -it was either crashing some games or causing graphical issues, altrough much smaller then it is causing now Smile
(05-26-2013, 07:14 PM)digiadventures Wrote: I can confirm VAO is completely broken in latest revisions...but that option always had problems so I never used it -it was either crashing some games or causing graphical issues, altrough much smaller then it is causing now Smile

I never got graphical issues with the VAO option checked. The games I played which were Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep, Digimon Adventure and Digimon World Re: Digitize all of them worked fine with the VAO option checked o.o

The only time I got crashes was with Re: Digitize but only when I had the disable optimized vertexinfo reading option checked. hence I have that option unchecked but with the VAO option broken, I only get the graphic glitches if I uncheck the vertexinfo reading one.
Yeah, it shouldn't be required to turn on "disable optimized vertexinfo" in order for VAO to work correctly - I am sure gid will fix this Smile
As for crashing, its rare, but it's stil there, for example in game Hexyz Force.
As for other issues, they were very subtle - for example save points in game dissapearing when you move too close or too far and such
(05-25-2013, 06:18 PM)gintoki147 Wrote: I've been using this options since ever (at least 6 months), because for me, it increases FPS.
Do you mean you have a significant performance increase when enabling VAO (leaving all the other options unchanged)?

I implemented this feature some time ago with the hope it could increase performance, but I never saw a difference on my hardware. I was thinking at disabling it completely as it increases the code complexity.
This is the first time I read this option is helpful to somebody Smile
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
(05-27-2013, 08:41 AM)gid15 Wrote: Do you mean you have a significant performance increase when enabling VAO (leaving all the other options unchanged)?

I implemented this feature some time ago with the hope it could increase performance, but I never saw a difference on my hardware. I was thinking at disabling it completely as it increases the code complexity.
This is the first time I read this option is helpful to somebody Smile

Well, maybe you have a powerful hardware and that could explain why you didn't see a difference, but some of us doesn't have a fast computer due mostly to money issues so we have to work with what we have Sad

ironicly on PPSSPP I got full 60 FPS for example on Kingdom Hearts Sleep by Birth and Digimon World Re: Digitize, while on Digimon Adventure I get full speed on the battle mode and around 24 to 30 FPS when moving around the areas, though sometimes it goes up the FPS there too.

Of course there's no music loaded yet nor voices in the case of digimon adventure and no videos, so who knows how that will affect the perfomance when it gets added to that emulator.

Of course a Java emulator is heavier than a non-java one when it comes to memory and such, so it is understandable we don't get full speed on it on all games yet. Though I get good speed on Digimon World Re: Digitize in JPCSP when using the same video options gintoki147 here uses Smile
Maybe this option increases speed depending on what graphic card you have
Am I the only one with this cool sig?
[Image: ji6WX.png]
[Image: 2404362.png]