This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tmp folder
Question 
its normal when play a few files inside tmp folder of JPCSP..start to fill up with Mpeg folders ..

i have sonic stage and decode options
(08-01-2011, 10:14 PM)Hanbrujo Wrote: its normal when play a few files inside tmp folder of JPCSP..start to fill up with Mpeg folders ..

what exactly is the problem?
Funny thing, I spend more time on the forum instead of on emulators Tongue

His problem is that Jpcsp extracts the audio from games even when you don't have that checked.I think
Am I the only one with this cool sig?
[Image: ji6WX.png]
[Image: 2404362.png]
(08-01-2011, 10:14 PM)Hanbrujo Wrote: its normal when play a few files inside tmp folder of JPCSP..start to fill up with Mpeg folders ..

Yes, it is normal, once Sonic stage decoded an at3 or pmf file, wav and oma files starting to pop up in tmp. You may notice a short lag when a music first starts to play. During lag, Sonic stage is in action, and the next time you hear that music/voice, lag don't occur, because at3 already decoded, and JPCSP just read the wav file in the tmp folder. So, if you delete the tmp folder, sonic stage has to decode everything again.

Sadly, if you play a lot of games, tmp's size can be pretty big. Mine is 5gb already, filled with different wav files. Although, according to my research (i'm not part of the dev team though), you can convert mpeg's extaudio.wav files to mp3-s with given specifications, saving some space. But this is another story Big Grin (tested on Persona 1 remake, the game's opening was 20Mb in wav, after conversion 3 Mb in mp3, big difference for my little HDD Big Grin )
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 Dual-Core 7850 2.80 GHz RAM: 4GB VGA: ATI Radeon 4850HD 512MB/256bit
(08-02-2011, 09:32 AM)megaten666 Wrote:

Yes, it is normal, once Sonic stage decoded an at3 or pmf file, wav and oma files starting to pop up in tmp. You may notice a short lag when a music first starts to play. During lag, Sonic stage is in action, and the next time you hear that music/voice, lag don't occur, because at3 already decoded, and JPCSP just read the wav file in the tmp folder. So, if you delete the tmp folder, sonic stage has to decode everything again.

Sadly, if you play a lot of games, tmp's size can be pretty big. Mine is 5gb already, filled with different wav files. Although, according to my research (i'm not part of the dev team though), you can convert mpeg's extaudio.wav files to mp3-s with given specifications, saving some space. But this is another story Big Grin (tested on Persona 1 remake, the game's opening was 20Mb in wav, after conversion 3 Mb in mp3, big difference for my little HDD Big Grin )

thanks now understand the process..so dont delete
I'm playing SD G Generation Overworld and now can have bgm ( past problems are no bgm etc ), but they repeatably save the same bgm w/ different filename in the tmp folder.

And if I stopped the "decode audio files w/ sonic stage", it will not play bgm anymore, even though its already saved in tmp ( decoded ).

I dont know much yet, but would appreciate it if someone can enlighten me more on this.