This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resolution increase?
hey guys My first day here and thanks for having me.
I am trying this emu out because i wanted to play soulcalibur for psp at high resolution(1080p) I think i have everything setup with jpcsp since i can run the game. video and sound working though i have yet to configure my xbox 360 controller. first problem i have is when i switch to 1080p resolution i just get a black screen no tool bar at the top of screen...so i cant run the game let alone close jpcsp..

Im on a high spec gaming rig so no worries there... how do i run jpcsp in 1080p?
Jpcsp runs at whatever resolution you have your desktop resolution set at by default I think. If not, you can change it in the "Display" options in the configuration menu (and set it to run in fullscreen at next launch also).

As for it showing a black screen, it might be wrong settings for the game, just try switching the video options around to see what works, usually checking the game's own thread is a good idea to see what other people use to run the game. And hyakki's launcher is strongly recommended so you can manage the memory settings more easily.
Well thanks finzy but that is exactly what i did. I set the resolution to 1080p in the display tab of the configuration menu. as soon as i do that it jumps to a black fullscreen with no menu at the top so i cant run the game or even close the app without opening task manager. there is no way to change the resolution again after that either i have to dump the whole jpcsp folder in the trash and start over. I dont quite understand why resolution options are even included if it runs at your desktop resolution.
i am having the same problem. its not a game ssettings issue because it happens without having launched a game.

btw ibleedspeed, you dont have to dump the whole folder to fix this problem. simply delete the file called Settings.properties and relaunch the .bat file. the emulator will make a new one when you launch. however you do need to configure it again after this.
(08-14-2013, 09:30 AM)DarkXoa Wrote: i am having the same problem. its not a game ssettings issue because it happens without having launched a game.

btw ibleedspeed, you dont have to dump the whole folder to fix this problem. simply delete the file called Settings.properties and relaunch the .bat file. the emulator will make a new one when you launch. however you do need to configure it again after this.

If you want full resolution, let the resolution stay and Native then just change it so that Jpcsp runs at fullscreen mode, this gave me full 1080p.