This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can anyone provide step-by-step instructions on how to build jpcsp from source?
It's not really user friendly process, especially people who are not programmers/developers and never used any dev tool, which I presume are most people who visit this and similiar forums.

Some kind of step by step instructions would be great.

For example, I downloaded eclipse and then used some tool I found online to download jpcsp source, started new project in eclipse, used folder where jpcsp source is, and got 112 warnings, and I have no idea what to do next.
It's compiled, because eclipse do it "on the fly", but what next ?
I can't save, I can't run it, I can't do anything...
you can also d/l the precompiled builds. You can find them here :
http://www.emunewz.net/forum/builds.php?filter=last

also better try with netbeans , jpcsp is more netbeans friendly
You mean like on a build bot ? Yes of course most people wouldn't be able to use jpcsp at all without it Smile
I mainly wanted to compile for myself because I want to be able to change the code, add patches to code from other users etc...
I will try with netbeans Smile
I use netbeans.
It's quite easy, File-->Open Project-->choose jpcsp folder, which will have a coffee cup appearance
After having opened the project,
Run--> Build Project
and jpcsp.jar will be complied and be placed under "bin" folder.
Then just run the bat file, start-windows-x86 or start-windows-amd64.
(04-03-2013, 12:34 PM)freefive Wrote: I use netbeans.
It's quite easy, File-->Open Project-->choose jpcsp folder, which will have a coffee cup appearance
After having opened the project,
Run--> Build Project
and jpcsp.jar will be complied and be placed under "bin" folder.
Then just run the bat file, start-windows-x86 or start-windows-amd64.

Thanks, it worked like a charm !
I tried with eclipse first because it sounded cooler, I guess it was a mistake Smile
Whenever I try to compile with NetBeans 7.3 after selecting Build Main Project I got two folders: Build and Bin, inside build are: built-jar.properties and a "empty" and "class" folder and inside bin are jpcsp.jar and the "lib" folder but not the other files that are needed to run the emu. Even if I copy the compiled jar and lib and overwrite to the ones made by the buildbot after I run the bat it just output some error message and hangs.

So NetBeans don't work for me or I am doing something really wrong
Hm, I dont have option "build main project" I have "Build project(jpcsp) (f11)"
I just click that and thats it.
First I downloaded it with Team/Subversion/Checkout