This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Yet another at3+ encoder/decoder
(04-02-2013, 05:33 AM)LPatamon Wrote: No one has distributed it. The first post only mentioned where it got left, from there you have to search it Smile
It's not illegal only the distribution part but there are other stuff you can get accused for if it gets Sony's attention. You don't know in what ways Sony have secured that file and they tend to be very agressive with anything related to their SDKs.
For example, there is a huge difference between saying "we do not condune piracy" and "we do not provide any ISOs here but you can google them and find them on torrent sites and do this and that )tutorial) to use them".
Same thing applies to this file.
If I were you wouldn't touch that file at all since either way it's a stripped down SonicStage in the end of the day and it's not worth the risk.
OK, I have added some word to the first post to emphasize that we do not support or endorse piracy.
(04-02-2013, 02:33 PM)freefive Wrote: OK, I have added some word to the first post to emphasize that we do not support or endorse piracy.
LOL, this is not what I said.
It's not piracy the problem, the problem with that file is that you use it unauthorized, it's violation of TOU of the official SDK of PSP.
Providing a tutorial how to use and where or how to find it is the problem.
I know it sucks, I hate it too, but If it was that easy I'd post it too, I had that file from the PS3 SDK too, it has both an AT3 and VAG encoder/decoder exe files. If there wasn't a problem I would have posted about it months now. It's exactly the same problem with people having to use the PSL1GHT SDK for PS3 and not the official SDK, every little file related to that SDK is copyrighted and authorization secured which means you can use it only if you have a licence by Sony and only then. Think of it like finding a legal money printer. The money it prints are legal but you are not authorized to do it which is illegal. The only thing you can do is remove the Sony code inside it (which is impossible) or use it to help you reverse engineer the codec and do an open source decoder which will be legal.
So what you are saying is that just writing on the internet that file is in fate game and can be extracted is illegal ?
I really doubt that...

It's like writing on the internet that you can kill a person with a gun..its not illegal, but actually killing person is

So in this case only people who actually extracted the file and used it would be doing something illegal, not people just mentioning its there and can be extracted
(04-02-2013, 06:39 PM)digiadventures Wrote: So what you are saying is that just writing on the internet that file is in fate game and can be extracted is illegal ?
I really doubt that...

It's like writing on the internet that you can kill a person with a gun..its not illegal, but actually killing person is

So in this case only people who actually extracted the file and used it would be doing something illegal, not people just mentioning its there and can be extracted
No but compiling a script that takes advantage of copyrighted code is illegal from both the side that a developer gives that option and the end user that will do it. Don't twist my words, they are very easy to understand. They don't care how or where you found it, they care that you are able to use it and who gave you the ability to.
(04-02-2013, 08:15 PM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote:
(04-02-2013, 06:39 PM)digiadventures Wrote: So what you are saying is that just writing on the internet that file is in fate game and can be extracted is illegal ?
I really doubt that...

No but compiling a script that takes advantage of copyrighted code is illegal from both the side that a developer gives that option and the end user that will do it. Don't twist my words, they are very easy to understand. They don't care how or where you found it, they care that you are able to use it and who gave you the ability to.

I didn't see anyone compiled any script ?
On original post it's just mentioned it's there and it can be extracted with mentioned tools or jpcsp.
Nobody provided any script, maybe later in the thread I didn't read whole thread ?
This is interesting.
If one uses this tool to provide homebrew games or encoded files on the internet, maybe it's illegal.
But we do NOT.

BTW, the encoder/decoder from the PS3 SDK only supports 48khz, but the at3+ used on psp is 44.1khz.
You can try decoding at3+ files of a psp game using PS3at3tool.exe and you will find that it will not work.
(04-03-2013, 12:18 AM)freefive Wrote: This is interesting.
If one uses this tool to provide homebrew games or encoded files on the internet, maybe it's illegal.
But we do NOT.

BTW, the encoder/decoder from the PS3 SDK only supports 48khz, but the at3+ used on psp is 44.1khz.
You can try decoding at3+ files of a psp game using PS3at3tool.exe and you will find that it will not work.
People, you are not trying to convince me about what and for what reason you anything, I am with you, it's Sony that will not care and they will send a Cease And Desist without a "but", they will not give you the right to have input on the matter.
Also, there is a normal at3tool.exe on the full release. (Most of the SDK versions leaked 2 times, once incomplete and once full, some of them also have less files than the rest, I think after the minis implementation on PS3 they included the PSP at3tool.exe on their PS3 SDKs too) That at3tool.exe file matches 100% to the one on PS3/PSP SDKs that leaked when I check the files on a HEX editor.
It's about what the law says, not what sony says.
If you're not willing to use this at3tool.exe, then just leave it alone.

however I use atrac3plus2wav because I have been using it for months.
Okay, I know I've been a bit quiet about this subject, but here are a few things everyone need to know:
The at3tool.exe was leaked a long time ago as well as the PS3at3tool.exe. Both decode and encode different kinds of atrac3plus encoded files, but they are property of Sony.
The atrac3plus2wav tool from Cooleyes hooks the atracplug.dll's functions and uses that to process the decoding. None of these methods is complete and they all involve possession of proprietary software.
Fortunately, if you recall correctly, Maxim, the author of this: http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=ATRAC3plus
Is writing a real decoder to integrate with FFMPEG. We're now exchanging samples and reverse engineered data to finally complete what will be the proper atrac3plus decoder (integrated with FFMPEG). Big Grin

I thought you would all like to finally hear some good news on this. Wink