This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Yet another at3+ encoder/decoder
While I now do get voices for spoken lines, they are all played with chipmunk speed with this tool, on r3075 with Fate Extra, and Fate Extra/CCC.
(03-29-2013, 01:38 PM)shenweip Wrote:
(03-29-2013, 01:28 PM)freefive Wrote: plus some stereo bgms seems not decodable with this tool but decodable with atrac3plus2wav.exe (oma file, namely %1)
tested with F/E CCC

Yeah,modify DecodeAudio.bat to this
Code:
:at3tool
lib\windows-amd64\at3tool.exe -d -repeat 1 %3 %2
IF NOT EXIST "%2" ( lib\windows-amd64\HIMDRender.exe -e -i %1 -o %2 )
:end
I think can solve.Tongue

no this one won't fix the problem. at3tool.exe creates wav files no matter whether it is decodable or not. so if it deals with a at3+ it can't decode, it create a wav file but left it empty.
(03-29-2013, 01:52 PM)freefive Wrote:
(03-29-2013, 01:38 PM)shenweip Wrote:
(03-29-2013, 01:28 PM)freefive Wrote: plus some stereo bgms seems not decodable with this tool but decodable with atrac3plus2wav.exe (oma file, namely %1)
tested with F/E CCC

Yeah,modify DecodeAudio.bat to this
Code:
lib\windows-amd64\at3tool.exe -d -repeat 1 %3 %2
IF NOT EXIST "%2" ( lib\windows-amd64\HIMDRender.exe -e -i %1 -o %2 )
I think can solve.Tongue

no this one won't fix the problem. at3tool.exe creates wav files no matter whether it is decodable or not. so if it deals with a at3+ it can't decode, it create a wav file but left it empty.

Oh no,at3tool can decode most at3+ files I think,but in r3076 now,
in DecodeAuio.bat,you can see
-repeat 0
so it will creat a empty wav file.
It should be modified to
-repeat 1
it also can't play sounds from video files. it only extracts them in oma format, which this tool doesn't support.
adding the "IF NOT EXIST "%2" ( lib\windows-x86\HIMDRender.exe -e -i %1 -o %2 )" line fixes that problem then, though it'd be better if the emulator could output those sounds in at3 format too.

and on that topic, it also can't play the sounds from the umd browser, since snd0.at3 isn't even extracted, so it can't be converted to play.

i went and edited my bat a bit to make it support all 3 tools.

Code:
@echo off
if exist lib\windows-x86\atrac3plus2wav.exe goto atrac3plus2wav
if exist lib\windows-x86\at3tool.exe goto at3tool
lib\windows-x86\HIMDRender.exe -e -i %1 -o %2
goto end
lib\windows-x86\at3tool.exe -d -repeat 1 %3 %2
IF NOT EXIST "%2" ( lib\windows-x86\HIMDRender.exe -e -i %1 -o %2 )
goto end
:atrac3plus2wav
set name=%~n1
lib\windows-x86\atrac3plus2wav.exe %1
move %1.wav %2
IF NOT EXIST "%2" ( lib\windows-x86\HIMDRender.exe -e -i %1 -o %2 )
goto end
not sure currently which tool is better. atrac3plus2wav supports more frequencies and supports oma, it could be a bit better, so i made the bat look for it first.
Thank you for the different suggestions Smile
They are now included in r3077.

I've investigating the problem where mono audio is played as stereo (high pitched).
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
Quote:not included with Jpcsp distribution
So where can I get this at3tool.exe ?
check the first post. one of the game developers accidentally left it inside their game's files. you need the game and a few special tools to get it, so you might try with the other tool, atrac3plus2wav.

it's easier to get (it's a free homebrew), and all you need is the program and free trial version of sound forge 9 for its driver to use it. both are linked in http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=129065

@gid:
while trying to fix the high pitched voice, can you also look at the at3/oma file naming/hashes? the emulator sometimes mistakes some files for others. i think the emulator will wrongly assume some files it's about to extract are the same as different ones it already extracted, maybe because of apparently identical hashes and will play the wrong file. the hash codes might be too simple, or there's some problem in their generation.
I 'm agree with you, serio

the emulator still mistakes some files for others sometimes.

Ok. But maybe someone can upload at3tool.exe or is it illegal?
no idea, but assuming it's a part of the psp devkit which isn't public and only available to those who buy it (15000 euro or so at launch), it probably isn't legal.