This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Yet another at3+ encoder/decoder
(04-03-2013, 02:23 AM)Hykem Wrote: Okay, I know I've been a bit quiet about this subject, but here are a few things everyone need to know:
The at3tool.exe was leaked a long time ago as well as the PS3at3tool.exe. Both decode and encode different kinds of atrac3plus encoded files, but they are property of Sony.
The atrac3plus2wav tool from Cooleyes hooks the atracplug.dll's functions and uses that to process the decoding. None of these methods is complete and they all involve possession of proprietary software.
Fortunately, if you recall correctly, Maxim, the author of this: http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=ATRAC3plus
Is writing a real decoder to integrate with FFMPEG. We're now exchanging samples and reverse engineered data to finally complete what will be the proper atrac3plus decoder (integrated with FFMPEG). Big Grin

I thought you would all like to finally hear some good news on this. Wink
Great news !
Then we will not need at3tool.exe or atrac3plus2wav.exe anymore
It is indeed horrible to be in trouble about sony
(04-03-2013, 02:23 AM)Hykem Wrote: Okay, I know I've been a bit quiet about this subject, but here are a few things everyone need to know:
The at3tool.exe was leaked a long time ago as well as the PS3at3tool.exe. Both decode and encode different kinds of atrac3plus encoded files, but they are property of Sony.
The atrac3plus2wav tool from Cooleyes hooks the atracplug.dll's functions and uses that to process the decoding. None of these methods is complete and they all involve possession of proprietary software.
Fortunately, if you recall correctly, Maxim, the author of this: http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=ATRAC3plus
Is writing a real decoder to integrate with FFMPEG. We're now exchanging samples and reverse engineered data to finally complete what will be the proper atrac3plus decoder (integrated with FFMPEG). Big Grin

I thought you would all like to finally hear some good news on this. Wink
Yeah that's what should be done, this was what I tried (possibly in a wrong way) to explain. It's illegal to use those files under no exceptions. You have no licence by Sony? You just cannot use it for any purpose. Any tool that has a function that gives the ability to use it is against the law. People insist over and over that it is not illegal, but people who know how the law works and know how those files are secured know what I'm talking about. This can be used as best case scenario as a reference tool to speed up the process and help somebody reverse engineer the codec, but this is the most far you can get from using it without having troubles with law. Now, FFMPEG's project started from when they found out about this tool, for the exact legal reason nobody can use it, they started to work on an open source project on this.
(04-03-2013, 02:44 AM)freefive Wrote: Great news !
Then we will not need at3tool.exe or atrac3plus2wav.exe anymore
It is indeed horrible to be in trouble about sony
That's what I tried to explain, it's not worth wasting a project that so much work has been put only because you are unaware of the law, especialy when there are other people working on a simmilar tool to get around those legal issues. I was trying to wave a red flag.
I do not know how the law of USA works.
In my country, non-commercial academic use is under exception.
(03-29-2013, 01:19 PM)virgil94 Wrote: So you just change the file extension to cpk and then unpack?

I have the decrypted file but I've searched and experiemented for the past hour and I can't figure out how to "unpack" it and get to the file. Please let me know how to do that. Thanks!
Intel Core i7 6700k @ 4.5 ghz. / GeForce GTX 970 / 16 Gig Ram / Win 10
I found it pretty simple,take the PGD.decrypted and change the file extension to .cpk,then using quick bms with the cpk script should unpack it.Tried with sword art online infinity moment however I don't know which file has the models since all the files have no extension
Am I the only one with this cool sig?
[Image: ji6WX.png]
[Image: 2404362.png]