This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Incompatible GPU Drivers(?) and Crash
psp 
I'm trying to get the latest revision (3050) of JPCSP to launch, but get a crash every time.

Code:
#
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
#  EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x6903b212, pid=3332, tid=5332
#
# JRE version: 7.0_17-b02
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (23.7-b01 mixed mode windows-x86 )
# Problematic frame:
# C  [atioglxx.dll+0xb212]  DrvSwapBuffers+0xa2
#
# Failed to write core dump. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of Windows
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
#   http://bugreport.sun.com/bugreport/crash.jsp
# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
# See problematic frame for where to report the bug.
#

I'm assuming this has to do with my catalyst drivers for my ATI card? I've got the latest x64 JRE, and tried on both the x86 and x64 versions of JPCSP. Anyone able to figure a workaround?
Which ATI card do you have? You could try update it to latest version (Even BETA will work), and by JRE i guess you mean Java. If you are not developer or need advance work with java you could just use the java client which i believe is more simply.

Try to get latest AMD video card driver here: http://forums.guru3d.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46

In case the problem persist, if i were you i will delete all Java versions i found on my PC, clean the whole registry (I use CCleaner and Win 7 Manager. W7M is more effective and trusty than other clean software, but isn't free) and then create a new Windows account. That will grant a cleaner registry because with time users registry becomes overloaded of dummy info.
[Image: montcer.png]
I've got a Mobility Radeon HD 5870, drivers for it are up to date. Gonna try wiping the registry with CCleaner after uninstalling Java to see if it helps at all. Thanks for the tip.

Just tried it out, still get the same error. Also tried it with Java 6 (both x86 and x64 versions) to see if it would be compatible.
Alright figured out how to fix it. Had to find the atioglxx.dl_ under C:\AMD subfolders, renamed it to atioglxx.dll and copied it to C:\Windows\System32 (and sysWOW64 and overwrite the one there for good measure). Hopefully I didn't break anything.