This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You dont have to have psp to play games on this emulator
No, see, the law state that to have bios copy you have to have physical ps2.
I never dumped my ps2 bios but I have pcsx2 and my ps2.Lets say that playing games on pc that you don't have is like driving whitout having a license.Just buy a psp,simple as that.
Am I the only one with this cool sig?
[Image: ji6WX.png]
[Image: 2404362.png]
Well duh, You can also drive without license as long as you don't get yourself caught.
yeah, and what original poster guy does here is walk into a police station claiming he was driving without a licence.
(11-14-2011, 09:18 PM)serio Wrote: yeah, and what original poster guy does here is walk into a police station claiming he was driving without a licence.

Nope,I think we established what I am doing here is legal,atleast with jpcsp and psp emulation,unless I use a game which requires option"use psp fonts"
( according to hyakki,this also needs more verification )
pirates who try to excuse their actions as legal are the worst. why can't you just sit quietly and not mention your piracy actions? we don't care for pirates here for as long as they don't make themselves be noticed and draw attention to themselves.
(11-15-2011, 02:07 PM)serio Wrote: pirates who try to excuse their actions as legal are the worst. why can't you just sit quietly and not mention your piracy actions? we don't care for pirates here for as long as they don't make themselves be noticed and draw attention to themselves.

Because I am not pirate and never have been. Do you even know what that means ? Pirate is by definition a person who steals software,be it games,or music,or programes,and dont pay for them.
Even if what I am doing is illegal,which is not,it still would not make me a pirate.
Make think a little next time before you post ?
using software without owning a system it was made for is illegal. otherwise sony would be losing profits, and jpcsp would one one of the candidates on its primary cease and desist list.

and i post here, because the topic you try to push so hard is one of the primary types of topics we don't want here, others being iso links. we don't want no sony breathing down our necks.
It's not illegal (unless you can point me the law that says otherwise).

For the record Sony lose again Connectrix VGS but then buy them completely. And the reason Sony pushing it so hard was because VGS was selling their emu and made pretty big impact back then (according to wikipedia anyway).

While I doubt JPCSP share any of those traits, I agree with your sentiment, let's just drop this just to be safe.
Really have to consider that not all users on this forum are American and therefore other copyright laws apply. Simple as. The whole discussion "this is legal, this is illegal" is pointless because, if you live in a different country, different laws apply and what you say therefore has no weight whatsoever.

In Sweden for example, it is legal to borrow and copy for personal use, but it does not mention where that source necessarily has to come from. I can copy the PS2 bios from a friend's PS2 and that would, in theory, be legal, as long as I only do it for private use only. If I start sharing it and attempt to charge for my copied bios however, then what I am doing is illegal.

Bottomline: these discussions are rather pointless unless you are explicitly interested in discussing the copyright laws of a specific (read your) country. The best way for you to get an idea of what is legal or illegal regarding copyright in your country is to read up. Most countries got their lawbooks available for the public to access, may it be internet or the library.

EDIT
However, I would see it as beneficial if the JPCSP staff would clarify WHICH copyright laws it follows, as evidenced by the above, as I think the staff would ignore my pleas for help if I mentioned I had bios for PS2 copied off my friend's PS2, for example (despite that it would be legal in Sweden as long as I did it for private use).

I also see the point about submitting data of unmodified hardware, but again, what is legal or not when it comes to modification depends on the country you live in and what you do with that hardware. Clarification from the staff would thus be helpful on all points.