This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Games freezing at random. Help please.
psp 
Well, I never had this problem. I always used the 64 bit version, but the PC was formated due to problems and a W 32 bits was installed. So I got a 32 bits version of JPCSP. I noticed that a new version was released, 3008. Tried that one. But games are freezing from nowhere. Usually, after 5 minutes, sometimes less. Games I tried were FFD012, 3rd Birthday and Patapon 3 (it freezes before the first mission, that is playable, was testing it with the new version). Usually when there is gameplay outside of menus. I decided to go back to 2927, now in 32 bits as well. I am playing FF-Type 0, and after some time, 20 minutes or so, it freezes as well. Other games too. But the older version is taking longer to freeze.

It is not JPCSP that is freezing. It responds fine, and the second window of it (sorry, don't know the right name, the black windown with text) doesn't shows any different messages. It is just... The game stops.

Reinstalled Java again, don't know what is happening. I really wanted some help here, thanks. :/
32bit programs are limited to the amount of ram they can use usually it's around 2 gigabytes , java and jpcsp can fill this ram up pretty quickly and when it runs out it will usually crash, disabling options like vertex cache can help lessen the memory constraints, also increasing the xmx size in the bat file (or sometimes lowering can also help).

64bit doesn't have much memory restrictions so jpcsp will almost never run out of memory if the options are configured correctly, unfortunately not much can be done with 32bit since its a limitation of the OS.
Mmmm, I remember that not matter what JPCSP version i where using (but all on x64), Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Predator (ULES01350) always freeze like TacticalWarrior is saying.

In my case i doubt was the RAM; is pretty weird when i get over 4gb of using RAM. Maybe is some config on Windows...
[Image: montcer.png]
Yes, I have 4 GB for RAM.
I HAVE SAME PROBLEM ALSO