This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emulation and achivement system.
I never said otherwise, in fact that's pretty much what I said earlier.
Yeah, I was just elaborating on the subject XD
Like, stating a conclusion.
[Image: BowserCartSmallAni.gif]
My Rig:
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2 GHz Stock
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 1GB GDDR5
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-870A-USB3 AM3+ Revision
RAM: Geil 4GB Dual Channel @ 1600Mhz
Runo is right:
Quote:I'm pretty sure that the whole achievement system runs locally and will be emulated normally, even if we don't fully emulate the PS3 Menu, since that kind of thing normally is something that comes within the game, it just looks alike on all games because it comes with the console's SDKs.

In a distant future this should be easy to emulate locally. Wink
Nice Tongue
My Rig:
In did the achievements came with the game and until some event is trigger the trophy will appear on your list. Some games must be on line because there are on line trophies, and some newest games (developers) needs to be always on line in order to get even the off line trophies, like Fifa 13 (Yeah, EA do it again...)

So, most games are focus on multiplayer skills and to get the Platinum trophy you will need a valid connection to the PSN. I guess the PS3 emulator will be like a pirated PS3 where you can't access to the whole achievements (Trophies, in PS world) list for common sense; SONY won't allow the necessary access to the PSN even it is free.

(03-17-2013, 10:12 PM)Hykem Wrote: In a distant future this should be easy to emulate locally. Wink
How will be that? The on line trophies works on the multiplayer system within the PSN so it yes or yes access to a multiplayer server like the PSN where you can play in order to get the on line trophies.
[Image: montcer.png]
the emulator will probably emulate the psn connection too, to fool the games into thinking it's connected and authorized. it won't actually be, and everything will probably be stored somewhere in the emulator's profiles or saves.
(03-19-2013, 12:15 AM)serio Wrote: the emulator will probably emulate the psn connection too, to fool the games into thinking it's connected and authorized. it won't actually be, and everything will probably be stored somewhere in the emulator's profiles or saves.

It isn't that easy to do that as most people tend to think. And it's not part of the purpose of an emulator, this goes far beyond accurately emulating the hardware. It would involve some serious hacking and cracking.
Imagine that all of Sony's anti-piracy protection is designed not to let games think they are connected if they're not.
My Rig:
(03-19-2013, 12:15 AM)serio Wrote: the emulator will probably emulate the psn connection too
That's the part i don't get. Is more than a emulated PSN connection; must be a real server that can host several users if you want to achieve the on-line trophies. Maybe a space to use Hamachi, Garena or something like that, i don't know.

(03-19-2013, 02:31 AM)Runo Wrote: It isn't that easy to do that as most people tend to think. And it's not part of the purpose of an emulator, this goes far beyond accurately emulating the hardware. It would involve some serious hacking and cracking.
Imagine that all of Sony's anti-piracy protection is designed not to let games think they are connected if they're not.
Hahahaha, that will be like hell. Until now the flawless PS3 firmware was the 3.55 and that was few years ago. I really like the PlayStation products, but the PS3 protection system was extreme and Sony realize it too late. Even the more capitalist game developers with hardest DRM system like EA or Ubisoft didn't support the PS3 when it was new. I guess for that the PS4 looks like crap.
(03-19-2013, 02:57 AM)montcer9012 Wrote:
(03-19-2013, 12:15 AM)serio Wrote: the emulator will probably emulate the psn connection too
That's the part i don't get. Is more than a emulated PSN connection; must be a real server that can host several users if you want to achieve the on-line trophies. Maybe a space to use Hamachi, Garena or something like that, i don't know.

^ That

I also can't see how Hamachi or similar could be used. The server must behave and authenticate the account like the real PSN.
All I could think off, and it would probably still need PS3 code cracking, is pirate PSN servers. Which I really don't know if can be done. My guess is no, really. Aaand I don't know if that's legal.
Just accept it people, emulators are meant to work offline. Using offline features only. Of course this could change in the coming years but I somehow doubt that will happen.
My Rig:
Is easier bought the console. Toys R Us and other massive stores still selling the 199$ PS3 Super Slim 250GB with Infamous Collection and Uncharted Collection. Is a good deal.

Either way, for a few bucks i prefer the PS3 Slim because the CD holder on the Super Slim looks pretty weak; the ring that hold the CD in broke quick. At least that happen to me with my old discman, ps1 and older CD products.