This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[50686] Digimon Adventure Doesn't loads since rev 3013
(03-12-2013, 04:46 AM)DragonNeos Wrote: Here are some pictures of how Digimon World ReBig Grinigitize looks on PPSSPP 0.5 (January 4, 2013). As you can see, the icons and time (look closely on the second screenshot to see 11:31 on top left corner) are visible in some of the screenshots but have transparency issues. Some of the colors are not correct in some screenshots like the Now Loading... and Dialogue. This is just for reference.

At least it proves the icons work correctly which is what JPCSP needs to have fixed. The transparency issues and colors got fixed already on future versions as you can see on the zip files with screenshots I attached on one of my posts on this same thread. The only thing that is not fixed yet is that you don't see your digimon when you enter in the digivice menus, you know where we go to check our stats, to equip skills and accessories, etc. which makes it a guess game since when equipping accesories to your digimon you can't see how they look when equipped unless you apply the accesories and then go out of the menus screen to go back to the game.
I've found 2 VFPU instructions that were implemented incorrectly in Jpcsp but were correct in PPSSPP.
Could you re-test with r3033?
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
You did it!! Not only that fixed all of the icons on Re Digitize but the cut scenes videos got fixed as well!!

here, two screenshots I got of the game on JPCSP 3033

I'm playing on full screens, that's the reason the screens are big in resolution and there's no menu bar of the emulator present.

Man, now we can move Digimon World Re: Digitize to fully playable Smile
(03-12-2013, 08:24 PM)LPatamon Wrote: You did it!! Not only that fixed all of the icons on Re Digitize but the cut scenes videos got fixed as well!!

here, two screenshots I got of the game on JPCSP 3033

I'm playing on full screens, that's the reason the screens are big in resolution and there's no menu bar of the emulator present.

Man, now we can move Digimon World Re: Digitize to fully playable Smile
Fantastic news!

Moved to Playable Smile
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
(03-12-2013, 09:13 PM)gid15 Wrote: Fantastic news!

Moved to Playable Smile

Would't be better if you move the specific topic about Digimon World Re: Digitize that is on the half playable games section to the playable section? Is just that since this thread I originally opened it to report that issue I had with Digimon Adventure (that it only loaded when enabling the options on the memory tab in the emulator options), I think is better to move the topic about Re: Digitize that is on the half playable games section since it is the one that has all the long going discussion about the issue that finally got fixed. The topic is this one:

http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=69706

But it is up to you to decide Smile

Now I'm glad I pointed out that on PPSSPP the icons on Re: Digitize worked correctly and also that PPSSPP has the code available, that helped a lot to fix the problem ^^
(03-12-2013, 09:30 PM)LPatamon Wrote:
(03-12-2013, 09:13 PM)gid15 Wrote: Fantastic news!

Moved to Playable Smile

Would't be better if you move the specific topic about Digimon World Re: Digitize that is on the half playable games section to the playable section? Is just that since this thread I originally opened it to report that issue I had with Digimon Adventure (that it only loaded when enabling the options on the memory tab in the emulator options), I think is better to move the topic about Re: Digitize that is on the half playable games section since it is the one that has all the long going discussion about the issue that finally got fixed. The topic is this one:

http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=69706

But it is up to you to decide Smile

Now I'm glad I pointed out that on PPSSPP the icons on Re: Digitize worked correctly and also that PPSSPP has the code available, that helped a lot to fix the problem ^^
Somehow, I moved the wrong thread Confused
Now the game thread is moved.

Thank you for your help and sharing of observations Smile
(03-12-2013, 10:10 PM)gid15 Wrote: Somehow, I moved the wrong thread Confused
Now the game thread is moved.

Thank you for your help and sharing of observations Smile

No problem, JPCSP is a great emulator, I can even use my USB gamepad to play the games and since my gamepad has the exact shape of a Playstation controller with all of the same buttons, then I can easily use it on JPCSP to play instead of using the keyboard ^^

Again, I'm glad I could give a hand to improve the emulator with the observations I found, mostly the ones that helped to discover those two VFPU instructions that were implemented incorrectly after comparing them with how they were implemented on PPSSPP. After all fixing them may have helped not only with Digimon World Re: Digitize but with other games too. It will be just matter to check the half playable games section to see if some other games got fixed starting with revision 3033 Smile
Hey gid15, there are other aspects of the game that do not show up correctly in JPCSP but do show up correctly in PPSSPP. I was wondering if you can take a look at the screenshots. There are some screenshots I couldn't take while I was using PPSSPP because the game doesn't fully work with it yet (any Battle in the Coliseum will cause a black screen) so you only see what it looks like in JPCSP. For the 7th screenshot, take a look at this video to see how it is supposed to look: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LJqcPEwEO8 (skip to 0:36 and watch until 0:40). For the 8th screenshot, use the video link above (skip to 1:05 and watch until 1:09).

I used JPCSP r3048 and PPSSPP v0.7-77-g6a9e2e5.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(03-15-2013, 03:33 AM)DragonNeos Wrote: Hey gid15, there are other aspects of the game that do not show up correctly in JPCSP but do show up correctly in PPSSPP. I was wondering if you can take a look at the screenshots.

I used JPCSP r3048 and PPSSPP v0.7-77-g6a9e2e5.
Could you also attach a log so that I can see your settings and other OpenGL information.

Thank you
Hopefully this is what you are looking for. I'm not sure if I set the Log Settings correctly though.

Attached Files
.zip   Log_r3048(64bit)_INFO.zip (Size: 5.23 KB / Downloads: 101)