This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles - usa - ULKS-46155
Here are my results after testing this game in rev 3040 32bit, Windows XP, Java 7 32 bit
Played from start to finish, game didnt crash or have noticeable issues performance wise.

Now for the bug section:

- Everytime you start a mission the FPS drops to 1 or 2 ( depending on the cpu you have ), the reason I see is that the water effect of the letters are causing the game to render n instances of the screen. I see in the lower left corner the same screen being drew over and over. This problem didn't had the older revisions.

- First stage ( the city on fires ) is rendered wrong when using GE graphics, the background is black.

- Some dialogues hangs the game until you press start to skip it, i.e. the encounter between Maria and Shaft when you fight 4 bosses before him.

That's all, thanks Jpcsp team for your hard work!

UPDATE: I narrowed the changeset that caused the huge FPS drop when playing the intro text of the levels and its 2481. I mean in revision 2480 there is no such slowdown but after having this commit applied:
"Improved caching of textures in VRAM: textures stored in VRAM can now be cached
as normal textures. They are automatically deleted from the cache if the GE area
is overlapping the texture." you get the slowdown. Hopefully some dev can look at it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: dracula x chronicles - usa - ulks46155 - by Marcelo_20XX - 03-14-2013, 10:35 PM