This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles - usa - ULKS-46155
(12-12-2012, 09:42 PM)Foffykins Wrote: Okay, I followed your settings and I have very little changes. The game still has massive FPS issues (it's surely less than 30 FPS in the start of the game with the prologue) and the sprites sometimes still possess a boxy outline. I can handle the sprite thing, but the FPS thing is killing me. I can only assume at this point it could be my CPU compared to yours; mine is a AMD Phenom II X4 @ 3.2 GHz. I'm using the 2927 build, so I'm surely not missing something an update must have tossed..do I need to update Java, maybe?

Also, I wanted to know if you knew offhand what setting you've chosen that gives the 3D Rondo remake more pixelated graphics. Originally, just with GE screen to Texture, I get a pretty solid looking game, almost like a PS2 title. With the settings I followed, it lowers the textures to PS1 quality, which doesn't significantly boost performance (it's very slow when loading a level due to the 3D effect, but after that I get a solid 30 FPS). Finally, I'm a bit lost with what you're referring to in regards of forcing more RAM. Can you elaborate, please? I don't think that'll solve my issue with SotN, but it's worth a try. Right now the game is at a state where I can visually see things (with some blockiness), but it is nowhere the speeds your screenshots are showing for gameplay.

EDIT: I'm also getting no voices at all for SotN. Is it because the framerate is so slow, or am I missing something?

EDIT 2: Yeah, something has to be up. I roughed myself up to get to the area you were in the Library and at best the screen with the wolf was at 40 FPS.. It's only ever been 60 FPS in menus.

Well I just experimented with settings to get the satisfying result that I wanted and haven't changed them since. I'm not saying the settings I use are perfect or anything but it looks good to me and I don't expect it to be prettier then the original.

As for the voices not playing in Symphony of the Night it's the same for me too and it's because you need Sony Sound Forge Audio Studio and a special plugin/program to hear them & unlike SonicStage which is free to get music and sound in games Sony Sound Forge Audio Studio is not free and much more complicated to use. Which is not worth it in my opinion because I can hear the voices in the PSX and Sega Saturn version of Symphony of the Night anytime I want.

As for the RAM thing, I got a recommendation to increase it by another JPCSP user that also had 8GB of RAM because some games might need more then the emulator starts out with or something like that.

Messages In This Thread
RE: dracula x chronicles - usa - ulks46155 - by Duke Nukem - 12-13-2012, 04:01 PM