This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New jpcsp revision! (2991 )
download 
The revision 2991 of the emulator jpcsp was released and built. Here are the download links:
windows-x86-32:
http://rapidgator.net/file/81025941/jpcs...32.7z.html

windows-x86-64:
http://rapidgator.net/file/81026161/jpcs...64.7z.html

linux-x86-32:
http://rapidgator.net/file/81026475/jpcs...32.7z.html

linux-x86-64:
http://rapidgator.net/file/81026806/jpcs...64.7z.html

macosx:
http://rapidgator.net/file/81027054/jpcs...sx.7z.html

check out the Live Downloads section for more builds
This version sucks! I tried games that worked on r2985 and they are not working on this one, atleast for me. Games are: God of War Ghost of Sparta, Naruto Ultimate Ninja Heroes 2, and some others...
(02-27-2013, 06:11 PM)srdjan045 Wrote: This version sucks! I tried games that worked on r2985 and they are not working on this one, atleast for me. Games are: God of War Ghost of Sparta, Naruto Ultimate Ninja Heroes 2, and some others...
Where can I find your log files?
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
(02-27-2013, 09:29 PM)gid15 Wrote:
(02-27-2013, 06:11 PM)srdjan045 Wrote: This version sucks! I tried games that worked on r2985 and they are not working on this one, atleast for me. Games are: God of War Ghost of Sparta, Naruto Ultimate Ninja Heroes 2, and some others...
Where can I find your log files?

I didn't uploaded them. Error i have is OutOfMemory.BufferOverFlow... I don't know did i write that the words good, but that is error. I will post one log here for minute or two.
I use my regular configuration of emulator (the one that works best for me):
Use Shaders
Use Vertex Cache
Save ge to memory instead of texture
Metod size 50
Ignore invalid memory access

Here is what happens when i run GoW Ghost of Sparta (after intro it shows that):
Quote:Exception in thread "GUI" java.nio.BufferOverflowException
at java.nio.Buffer.nextPutIndex(Unknown Source)
at java.nio.DirectByteBuffer.putFloat(Unknown Source)
at jpcsp.graphics.RE.ShaderContextUBO.copy(ShaderContextUBO.java:336)
at jpcsp.graphics.RE.ShaderContextUBO.setBoneMatrix(ShaderContextUBO.jav
a:380)
at jpcsp.graphics.RE.REShader.setBones(REShader.java:690)
at jpcsp.graphics.RE.BaseRenderingEngineProxy.setBones(BaseRenderingEngi
neProxy.java:402)
at jpcsp.graphics.VideoEngine.executeCommandPRIM(VideoEngine.java:1906)
at jpcsp.graphics.VideoEngine.executeCommand(VideoEngine.java:1293)
at jpcsp.graphics.VideoEngine.executeList(VideoEngine.java:1023)
at jpcsp.graphics.VideoEngine.update(VideoEngine.java:653)
at jpcsp.HLE.modules150.sceDisplay$AWTGLCanvas_sceDisplay.paintGL(sceDis
play.java:227)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.AWTGLCanvas.paint(AWTGLCanvas.java:314)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.AWTGLCanvas.update(AWTGLCanvas.java:343)
at sun.awt.RepaintArea.updateComponent(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.RepaintArea.paint(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.windows.WComponentPeer.handleEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Sour
ce)
ce)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
ce)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Attached Files
.rar   GoWGoS log.rar (Size: 9.72 KB / Downloads: 89)
just tested Gow and naruto unh 2 i don't get errors; works normaly for me!!
(02-27-2013, 09:57 PM)raziel1000 Wrote: just tested Gow and naruto unh 2 i don't get errors; works normaly for me!!

Then why do i have them? Sad On older builds those games worked for me (slow, but worked). What should i do to fix that error on my PC.
My specs are (if needed):
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 x2 3800+ 2,28GHz (Oc'ed) - it sucks, i know
GPU: Nvidia GeForce XFX GT 240 512MB GDDR5 - should be good for JPCSP, i belive
RAM: 3GB DDR2 800 MHz - i think this is enough
Can this error be due to drivers? Which driver version u have (if u have nvidia)? I have the latest one 314.07. Are they the cause of error? Games like Dragon Ball Shin Budokai works perfectly fine at 60 FPS using same settings i wrote in previous post.
(02-27-2013, 09:38 PM)srdjan045 Wrote: I didn't uploaded them. Error i have is OutOfMemory.BufferOverFlow... I don't know did i write that the words good, but that is error. I will post one log here for minute or two.
Use Shaders
Use Vertex Cache
Metod size 50
I only see a BufferOverflowException, no OutOfMemory, or did I miss something?

It looks like your graphics card has problem with UBO's. Could you try to activate the option "Disable UBO"?
But it doesn't look like a problem related to r2991 or any revision since r2985...
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
(02-28-2013, 12:02 PM)gid15 Wrote:
(02-27-2013, 09:38 PM)srdjan045 Wrote: I didn't uploaded them. Error i have is OutOfMemory.BufferOverFlow... I don't know did i write that the words good, but that is error. I will post one log here for minute or two.
Use Shaders
Use Vertex Cache
Metod size 50
I only see a BufferOverflowException, no OutOfMemory, or did I miss something?

It looks like your graphics card has problem with UBO's. Could you try to activate the option "Disable UBO"?
But it doesn't look like a problem related to r2991 or any revision since r2985...

Sorry, i was wrong. It's only BufferOverFlowException error. I think i saw OutOfMemory on Naruto UNH2, but im not sure. I will activate option "Disable UBO" and try. I hope it'll work.

EDIT: Yep, it works when "Disable UBO" option is enabled. Tnx man. Wink
But, can u tell me why do i have to enable that option. I didn't had to do that before. I think it's related to this new driver 314.07, or i'm wrong?
Also, why JPCSP requires high end PC's to play PSP games at some responsable speed? Is java that bad or what? My personal opinion is that C++ is alot better than java. I see i will have to wait for these games to became playable on PPSSPP, cuz almost every game on PPSSPP works 60 FPS on my PC. Wink
(02-28-2013, 12:28 PM)srdjan045 Wrote: Sorry, i was wrong. It's only BufferOverFlowException error. I think i saw OutOfMemory on Naruto UNH2, but im not sure. I will activate option "Disable UBO" and try. I hope it'll work.

But, can u tell me why do i have to enable that option. I didn't had to do that before. I think it's related to this new driver 314.07, or i'm wrong?
There are good chances that the issue is caused by a driver update.
Could you generate the following log (keeping "Disable UBO" unchecked):
- start Jpcsp
- set log level to DEBUG
- load game
- run the game for 1 second
- close Jpcsp

This will display some informations about UBO coming from the driver.

(02-28-2013, 12:28 PM)srdjan045 Wrote: Also, why JPCSP requires high end PC's to play PSP games at some responsable speed? Is java that bad or what? My personal opinion is that C++ is alot better than java. I see i will have to wait for these games to became playable on PPSSPP, cuz almost every game on PPSSPP works 60 FPS on my PC. Wink
If I understood correctly the code in PPSSPP, it is not computing the FPS the same way as Jpcsp: PPSSPP calculates the FPS based on the Vblank interrupt, regardless if a new frame has been displayed or not. Jpcsp updates the FPS based on the frame really displayed by the game.

Using the PPSSPP method, Jpcsp would also always display 60 FPS... but this is not a realistic value.
(02-28-2013, 01:37 PM)gid15 Wrote:
(02-28-2013, 12:28 PM)srdjan045 Wrote: Sorry, i was wrong. It's only BufferOverFlowException error. I think i saw OutOfMemory on Naruto UNH2, but im not sure. I will activate option "Disable UBO" and try. I hope it'll work.

There are good chances that the issue is caused by a driver update.
Could you generate the following log (keeping "Disable UBO" unchecked):
- start Jpcsp
- set log level to DEBUG
- load game
- run the game for 1 second
- close Jpcsp

This will display some informations about UBO coming from the driver.

(02-28-2013, 12:28 PM)srdjan045 Wrote: Also, why JPCSP requires high end PC's to play PSP games at some responsable speed? Is java that bad or what? My personal opinion is that C++ is alot better than java. I see i will have to wait for these games to became playable on PPSSPP, cuz almost every game on PPSSPP works 60 FPS on my PC. Wink
If I understood correctly the code in PPSSPP, it is not computing the FPS the same way as Jpcsp: PPSSPP calculates the FPS based on the Vblank interrupt, regardless if a new frame has been displayed or not. Jpcsp updates the FPS based on the frame really displayed by the game.

Using the PPSSPP method, Jpcsp would also always display 60 FPS... but this is not a realistic value.

Log is uploaded. Check it please. Big Grin

Well, games on PPSSPP are working realy fast on my computer. Some games on JPCSP runs barely 10-20 FPS on my PC, and on PPSSPP they run on 60 FPS without any problem (WWE SmackDown vs Raw 2011, Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core, Final Fantasy Type-0, Kamen Rider Super Climax Hereos, Naruto Shippuden Legends Akatsuki Rising, Tekken 5 Dark Ressurrection (only in training, same as on JPCSP. Cuz on PPSSPP and JPCSP game works only in training. Sad) and some others...

Attached Files
.rar   GoWGoS debug log.rar (Size: 32.75 KB / Downloads: 91)