This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where does jpcsp stand in 2013?
First of all great job to the devs. I'm amazed by the frequency of new commits on the google code page. Can anyone comment on how closely the emu matches an actual PSP these days? Maybe give some arbitrary percentage?
you need to test by yourself.
some games can be emulated so well that jpcsp can even out-perform a real psp while other games are not emulated that well, still others broken.
I think above 90% Smile
i don't think it is.i can't play any game on this emulator.games are too slow.i get 70-80 fps speed in cube test in normal clock speed.but whenever i load a game it drops to 4-5 fps.what the hell is this??? i'm very disaapointed.i have windows 7 32 bit service pack 1,INTAL HD GRAPHICS 3000 dual core cpu @ 2.10 ghz.latest java installed & latest svn??????????
those are very low specs for this emulator, Intel HD is a slower video card with poor opengl support, a dual core cpu at 2ghz is also in the lower range, you also need more then 2~ gb of ram.
To get good fps you would need something like an core2duo @ 3.2 ghz, intel I5/I7 at 2.5+ ghz, and a nvidia video card (9 series or newer)
are u kidding me?? my pc can run almost every modern games.it emulates pcsx2 very well also.i think jpcsp needs more developing.java is not good for all computers.it's better if it'll written in c++ in future & support Intel Graphic Cards as well.why u not develop it more for Support more hardwares & Graphic Crads.ppl like me never use this emulator.what can i say more.don't tell me i need better hardware,i have.
those games and pcsx2 use directx, not opengl, that's why they work. directx is windows only, opengl is cross platform, that's why jpcsp uses it since it's written in java, which is also cross platform. java has limited support for directx, and as far as i know it doesn't even support shaders since directx support was dropped a while ago.

opengl is an open standard, so many manufacturers and corporations don't support it seriously, and you get broken drivers like intel's or amd's. because of that you get very low speeds and crashes, so blame intel/amd, not jpcsp devs. they work with what they have, and sometimes they have very little to go with.

if you want an emulator written in c, go for ppsspp. it's much earlier in development and has little compatibility so many games don't work yet, but maybe it'll work better for you. rewriting jpcsp into c++ would probably take months, and the devs would have to learn new programming language, not to mention it'd lose its multiplatform use.
(03-07-2013, 03:05 PM)Preet Wrote: are u kidding me?? my pc can run almost every modern games... don't tell me i need better hardware,i have.

why u not develop it more for Support more hardwares & Graphic Crads...
JPCSP is Open Source, which means everyone can change the code. Either way, JPCSP uses a video tech call "OpenGL", which is different from DirectX like Serio says. OpenGL is used instead DirectX because is more accurate to emulate the PSP hardware on a PC hardware.

And i don't doubt you have the hardware to run modern games, everyone can have it, but the one you described below isn't "better" hardware man.

(02-27-2013, 05:38 AM)synce Wrote: I'm amazed by the frequency of new commits on the google code page. Can anyone comment on how closely the emu matches an actual PSP these days?
I don't know but it seems Gid has been quite busy since some months ago and the average of builds updates has down a lot. There are several days when JPCSP doesn't get a single update. Sometimes i believe that JPCSP was a grade work for Gid or something like that hahahaha. I mean, it takes so much time... And now PPSSPP is being developed so quick that maybe will get close to JPCSP emulation average in less 1 year.
[Image: montcer.png]
Ok...sorry for my wrong languge.i'm not expert of these things.but i know very well about computers.i know other hardwares are far better than mine.thanks for your replies.i can only say develop it more for other hardwares also.so we can play atleast on 20 fps.Best Of Luck!!!
I think ppsspp would be better than jpcsp although there are few bugs but I can play wwe svr 2011 and bleach heat the soul 7 on my android and pc at full speed even on Intel HD Big Grin