This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Digimon World Re: Digitize sound problem in build 2991
Something happened in build 2991 with the game NPJH-50588 which is Digimon World Re: Digitize, and no. I'm not talking about the already known issue with the graphic glitches.

This time all the sound effects got messed up. The digimon doesn't make their correct sound effect, the tamer's voice on the battle sequence isn't heard when you use the battle commands (call, run, etc.) which before this build it did worked normally.

The sound effects when the tamer and his digimon walk are all messed up too.

This didn't happen at all on the previous builds. Other than the graphic glitches, this game played quite normal.

Another bug is that the save utility now in PSP style, when you have enabled The Only GE Graphics option, the save/load screen where you see your saved games looks all messed up:

Is not much a trouble. just uncheck the Only GE Graphics, then load or save but seeing the graphics correctly and after that just re-enable that setting, but I'm just wondering if there would be a way to make it work even with the Only GE Graphics option enabled.

Hope this is the correct place for this thread. And also thanks for all the effort you are putting on make all this improvements on the emulator Smile
(02-26-2013, 11:40 PM)LPatamon Wrote: Something happened in build 2991 with the game NPJH-50588 which is Digimon World Re: Digitize, and no. I'm not talking about the already known issue with the graphic glitches.

This time all the sound effects got messed up. The digimon doesn't make their correct sound effect, the tamer's voice on the battle sequence isn't heard when you use the battle commands (call, run, etc.) which before this build it did worked normally.

The sound effects when the tamer and his digimon walk are all messed up too.

This didn't happen at all on the previous builds.
Do you mean that the sounds are playing correctly on r2990 but no longer on r2991?
There has been changes to the sound methods in previous versions, so I'm trying to localize which version actually broke the sounds.
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
(02-27-2013, 08:44 AM)gid15 Wrote: Do you mean that the sounds are playing correctly on r2990 but no longer on r2991?
There has been changes to the sound methods in previous versions, so I'm trying to localize which version actually broke the sounds.

Yes. That's right. On rev 2991, the sound effects are all messed up in this game, you can't even play it without having to turn off the sound due to the sounds not being the correct ones and it creates a non-pleasant concert n.nU

I tested revision 2990 and the sounds for this game are working correctly on that version, so the problem is just on version 2991. I never had issues with this game (other than the known ones of the not correct icons and the videos not appearing correctly) with any of the builds I tested. (I started to test with revision 2958 due to me wanting to play the digimon games and since then I have been testing the latest revisións I see on the automated builds page http://buildbot.orphis.net/jpcsp/ ).

I have to say that the performance on revision 2991 is quite good, I did notice diference on that compared with the other revisións Smile
(02-27-2013, 06:17 PM)LPatamon Wrote:
(02-27-2013, 08:44 AM)gid15 Wrote: Do you mean that the sounds are playing correctly on r2990 but no longer on r2991?

Yes. That's right. On rev 2991, the sound effects are all messed up in this game, you can't even play it without having to turn off the sound due to the sounds not being the correct ones and it creates a non-pleasant concert n.nU

I tested revision 2990 and the sounds for this game are working correctly on that version, so the problem is just on version 2991. I never had issues with this game (other than the known ones of the not correct icons and the videos not appearing correctly) with any of the builds I tested. (I started to test with revision 2958 due to me wanting to play the digimon games and since then I have been testing the latest revisións I see on the automated builds page http://buildbot.orphis.net/jpcsp/ ).

I have to say that the performance on revision 2991 is quite good, I did notice diference on that compared with the other revisións Smile
Could you provide a log file at INFO level including the following line in LogSettings.xml
Code:
<logger name='compiler'> <level value='debug' /> </logger>
Close Jpcsp as soon as you can hear the first sound problems (I mean the first problem caused by r2991).

Thank you!
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
Here is the log. It took me a bit because with that line you told me to add to the logsettings file it slows down the emulator a lot. Well at least on my computer which has its good time but without that line, this game runs perfectly speed wise without the need to use frameskip nor the clock speed option ^^

Anyhow, here is the log, uncompressed sure is a big file, but guess that's how it works to have all the info needed Smile

The sounds fail as soon after I load my save. Sound effects start to be heard even when I'm not moving the character, my digimon is not moving and I'm not talking with any other character nor accesing to the menu (for items, stats and such). It is like if the emulator decided to call all the sound effects to play forever instead of play the correct sound effect when it normally should be played, and added to that is the digimon doing the wrong sound effect when they do their little voice sound (you know those kinda animal sounds they do instead of talking XD), also the sound when the character and the digimon are walking is the wrong one.

I hope the log helps to solve the issue Smile

Attached Files
.rar   log.rar (Size: 1.28 MB / Downloads: 89)
Code:
16:30:51 DEBUG compiler - user_main - CodeInstruction.compile              - sw         $a1/$a2/$zr/$s0/$ra/$zr/$zr, 0/4/32/40/44/0/0($sp)
From the log file, I could find an issue with the above code. Could you retest with r2992?

Thank you!
Problem fixed! The sounds of this game are back to how they should be. Tested on r2992 and also on r2998 too Smile