This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days - ULES01392
Disgaea 2 DHD's VA is in the mono-atrac3+ format. Sony Sonicstage, which is what JPCSP uses to decode audio, cannot read that format. There is a possible fix on the horizon; some enterprising folks have found a way to convert mono-atrac3+ into other formats which could theoretically be read by the media engine but I do not believe any work is being made at integrating that fix into JPCSP. There is a hack program (latest version -- read the thread for more details) that can play the audio outside of JPCSP, but it doesn't work for Disgaea 2.

Until either the makers of JPCSP decide to integrate the at32aa3 plugin or the plugin makers fix the workaround hack for Disgaea 2 we are entirely out of luck.

[note: I'm not trying to say that the coders of JPCSP necessarily should integrate the at32aa3 plugin as I realize there could be very real reasons why it wouldn't work. I just think it should be looked into seriously.]
Sorry for digging up this "old" thread, but I need some advice with a few problems.
I'm using the automated JPCSP build 2355 and am currently able to properly emulate the Game. Except for these two problems everything is fine:

-The first is about the non-transparent Geo Panels (same with Move&Target Range):
I read Khift's post and I tried to do the same, but without any success. Just Enabling "Color Mask" and/or "Use Shaders" caused no reaction, and after switching on/off everything I still had no visible changes: the Geopanels are still solid blocks of colors no matter what I do. Could anyone please tell me what I need to do to make them become transparent like they're supposed to be? (or is there an Issue with ATI Graphic cards?)

-The second (and minor) probelm is the already mentioned "Lag" during story sequences:
A character would suddenly need ~10s to load his text (voice or not doesnt matter apparently) at least once during every sequence. Is there anything that I can do?

-Third and last Problem:
After closing the JPCSP I have to delete my Settings.properties file. Otherwise it would refuse to do anything when I try to play again >_>
Manually undoing every change done has no effect, I have to delete the settings or else it just freezes.

EDIT: Meh.... Updating Java and the ATI Drivers just broke the game... I can see "Now Loading", the Intro... and I can hear the Main Menu. The Screen remains totally black. TT_TT
EDIT2: Screen is working again, looks like I'll have to live with solid geopanels until the devs find time to fix this.

If anyone could point me towards some answer I would be thankful.

Fcuk yeah))) Finaly works for me with almost any settings.
right after i press start game i crash and i got some message

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0
at org.objectweb.asm.Frame.a(Unknown Source)
at org.objectweb.asm.Frame.a(Unknown Source)
at org.objectweb.asm.MethodWriter.visitMaxs(Unknown Source)
at jpcsp.Allegrex.compiler.CodeBlock.compile(Unknown Source)
at jpcsp.Allegrex.compiler.CodeBlock.getExecutable(Unknown Source)
at jpcsp.Allegrex.compiler.Compiler.analyse(Unknown Source)
at jpcsp.Allegrex.compiler.Compiler.compile(Unknown Source)
at jpcsp.Allegrex.compiler.Compiler.compile(Unknown Source)
at jpcsp.Allegrex.compiler.CompilerClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)
at _S1_3_882E51C.s(_S1_3_882E51C.java:292)
at _S1_3_882A9E8.s(_S1_3_882A9E8.java:36)
at _S1_3_8836060.s(_S1_3_8836060.java:28)
at _S1_3_88290E4.s(_S1_3_88290E4.java:2676)
at _S1_3_881331C.s(_S1_3_881331C.java:536)
at _S1_3_8804114.s(_S1_3_8804114.java:240)
at _S1_3_8804114.exec(_S1_3_8804114.java)
at jpcsp.Allegrex.compiler.RuntimeContext.runThread(Unknown Source)
at jpcsp.Allegrex.compiler.RuntimeThread.run(Unknown Source)
im sorry guys for my poor english cz im indonesianBig Grin
Are you using the latest version r2570? The game works fine in the latest version.
For some reason Disgaea now have broken graphics while using shaders Sad
psp 
Hi, i need help to play Disgaea 2 on Jpcsp 2682. when i select the first stage, the emulator stop working, 0 fps... the game is ok because i can play it on jpcsp 1968 but is very slow, whats the problem with the newest version? or maybe a configuration or only the first stage... im trying to change the datasaves but it doesnt work. i know than my english sucks jkajka, but please help me =)
using r2705
game is playable now
http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=1296

this thread was over 2 years old.
(08-26-2012, 07:08 PM)serio Wrote: http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=1296

this thread was over 2 years old.
Merged both threads.
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log