This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OutOfMemory error Persona 3 Portable
So, I got JPCSP to play Persona 3 Portable.
Everything was working fine until I got to the first battle, and during the scene when the MC "shoots herself" JPCSP freezes and Java Runtime Environment displays the following:
[Image: 12187207.jpg]
Before I got this error, I got another one wich said that here wasn't enough memory to continue, and JPCSP closed. I'm not getting this error anymore, though.

Anyway, appearently, it has something to do with my memory.
My computer has 12GB of RAM, and I tried closing all of the other applications running and still got that same error.
Anyone have any idea of what sould I do?
no matter how much memory you have, java is by default only given 1 gb of it.

since you have this much ram, i'm guessing you have a 64 bit system installed, so you should probably use the 64 bit version of jpcsp. 32 bit one is limited to 2 gb of ram max because of running on 32 bit java, which as any 32 bit program is limited to 2 gb of ram max.

this limit can't be exceeded for 32 bit programs, even if you have more ram. it's a windows limitation, since 32 bit systems could only use 4 gb of ram max, and half of it is reserved by system, which only left you with 2 gb of ram to use. it's kept in 64 bit systems for compatibility.

but anyway, after you install 64 bit java and get 64 bit jpcsp, open start-windows-amd64.bat with a text editor and go to the line that says
Code:
"%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java" -Xmx1024m -Xss2m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=64m -Djava.library.path=lib/windows-amd64 -jar bin/jpcsp.jar %*
and change the Xmx value of 1024 to 2048 or 4096. you could also try increasing Xss to 4 or 8 m, and MaxPermSize to 256m if that doesn't help.

you could also get the jpcsp launcher, it makes it easier to edit the max assigned memory without editing files.
I did as you said, and it's working now. I didn't get any error messages and was able to go through the first battle.
So, thanks for the help!