This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Can't connect two computers in LAN via AdHoc Multiplayer (MHFU)
Log-1 is my PC, and I do have a Firewall, but Java isn't blocked on any way on it. Nevermind, I turned off my Firewall, and this is what happened (logs attached):

TEST 1:

So as I said I turned off my Firewall, and tried to connect the two PC's together. First I went in the Lobby with my PC (Log-1-new), and then I went into the Lobby with my bro's PC (Log-2-new). I mean I only WANTED TO enter the Lobby, because it wouldn't let me, no matter what I tried. I either had to close the emulator, or exit the lobby from my PC (Log-1-new). If I tried it the other way, as in my Bro went into the Lobby first, and I second, then the same thing happened as before (PC 1 sees nothing, PC 2 sees a name, and that's all).

TEST 2:

A friend of mine thought that we should test this out on Tunngle, using my bro's PC and his. We started Tunngle, did a test, but the same thing has happened (his PC is Log-3). He didn't close the emulator, but I started to test it with my bro's PC, first my bro's emulator "froze" (wouldn't enter the Lobby, see Log-2-b), and then he went into the Lobby first, but now no name was seen on either side (see Log-2-c). Interesting thing is that even thought we couldn't see each other, a connection was still made over Tunngle, noting that it mattered who went first into the Lobby.

Again:

Log-1-new -> My log with Firewall disconnected on a real LAN
Log-2-new -> My bro's log on real LAN, and he can't connect to the Lobby if I'm in first
Log-2-b -> My bro's log over Tunngle, can't connect to Lobby
Log-2-c -> My bro's log over Tunngle, he went into the Lobby first, but nothing else happened
Log-3 -> Our friend's log over Tunngle, nothing happened (went into the Lobby first, exited after 3-4 mins, went into Lobby second)

The logs (couldn't upload it here due to filesize upload limit): LINK

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can't connect two computers in LAN via AdHoc Multiplayer (MHFU) - by The_Reaper_CooL - 02-12-2013, 03:47 PM