This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Can't connect two computers in LAN via AdHoc Multiplayer (MHFU)
(06-01-2013, 09:12 PM)cyclonmaster Wrote: How exactly you all set up jpcsp to play 2 player via LAN? Any guide?

I did manage to set up 2 jpcsp ad hoc play on same PC with 2 jpcsp running with this setting:
jpcsp1 - add line "bin/jpcsp.jar --netClientPortShift 100"
jpcsp2 - add line "bin/jpcsp.jar --netServerPortShift 100"

Here's a very little guide by me:

You need to have the same emulator version, java version (the latest one I guess), and let them through the firewall, antivirus program and stuff.

Then you need to get the other player's IP Address (ask them, check it...etc).

Then you open the Settings.Properties file in JPCSP's folder (with Notepad, Notepad++, Wordpad or other text editor). On the bottom, you write this:

network.broadcastAddress=*IP_ADDRESS*

At the *IP_ADDRESS* part you write the other player's IP Address (NOT YOURS!!!), and if there are more players, then you can separate them (like network.broadcastAddress=192.168.1.1, 192.168.1.2, 192.168.1.3 ...etc)

You save the file, start the emulator, and then play.

It works on Tunngle, Hamachi or other VPN-like program the same way, but you have to start that program first (Tunngle for example), and then write the other player's Tunngle IP Address into your Settings.properties file, start the emulator and play.
I couldn't test it well, because my friends didn't have time for it. At least I've tested it with my bro and with my friend (I'm playing with him all day, thanks to you gid15 Big Grin)., and it worked fine.

But sometimes the emulator randomly decides to not connect to the other player, or freeze or something like that. I've posted my friend's log in another topic, maybe you can look at that one too (Link)

I'll do some further testing with SSID's too, if my friends will have the time for it Big Grin
Thanks for the walkthough, my friend and myself used hamachi and played Freedom Unite over vpn and it worked great.

Only problem is my jpcsp only runs the emulator at 20fps in town and 12 outside of town, needless to say my comp is more than able to play it at max. Any suggestions on getting it to work at 30?

Windows 7 x64
Core i7 3930k
32 GB Ram
Radeon HD7970

I have looked everywhere for almost a week and still nothing, my friend has an Nvidia gpu and he runs it fine, will it not run at 30fps because of the open gl issue with ATI?
Monster Hunter series, but possible?
We've found some errors by playing Multiplayer. Here are some:

1. If we play for too long, then the emulator might freeze, and we can't continue. Dunno if it's related to playing in Multiplayer or not.

2. If we add IP's, then they are constantly using 1 kbyte of upload speed. So if we add 30 IP's, then the emulator will consume a constant 30 kbyte upload speed at all time. Maybe it should know which IP it needs to send the data, or make a GUI interface into the emulator where we could easily add IP's and disable them if they are not needed (and maybe add names to them so we know who's IP is that, but that's a minor feature Big Grin)

3. Sometimes if we get out of the Gathering Hall or complete a quest then the multiplayer stops functioning. So we complete a quest, and get thrown back to the Gathering Hall (or Lobby), which is normal. We exit out, do some stuff, but when we get back in, we can't see the other player and we need to restart the emulator so that it'll work.

Posted a log about this, dunno if it's useful or not, as I can't constantly log everything, because my PC would freeze/game would be unplayable.

What I did is when we've noticed this bug (that we can't see each other in the GH anymore), I've exited out of the GH, turned on the logging, went back, logged a bit with various stuff, and went out of the GH, and exited the emulator.

Here's the log file: Log-LostConnection
Hey mate,

Does it work fast in multiplayer or is it just slow... have u got skype, tunngle or steam accounts, so that i can ask u a few questions if u want Smile

I hope u will answer Smile
So I tried this exact method with Kingdom Hearts Birth by sleep but it doesn't seem to work. You get stuck in the transition to online.
One more time!
(06-23-2013, 08:48 PM)beanclr Wrote: So I tried this exact method with Kingdom Hearts Birth by sleep but it doesn't seem to work. You get stuck in the transition to online.

Does that game use SSID swapping? If so, then that might be the game I need to test...
I don't think my problem has anything to do with this at the moment. I only mention it because when I stop using jpcsp I remember it worked just a bit using the lan method. I assumed it wasn't working because of the settings. It turns out it just doesn't load anything by default. I want to post a log. Is INFO good enough?
One more time!
psp 
Hi Reaper!

I think i know You. Long time ago, we spoke on skype when the opinion of adhoctousb.prx comes out, to play MH games Xlink without Wifi. Times are changing Big Grin. Now i don't have a PSP, but play many hours of MHFU on PPSSPP, but to tell the truth i miss multiplay. I MHFU runs on my computer with JPCSP emu, we could play together.

Majd keress privátban, vagy írj itt Big Grin

(06-07-2013, 02:59 PM)The_Reaper_CooL Wrote: We've found some errors by playing Multiplayer. Here are some:

1. If we play for too long, then the emulator might freeze, and we can't continue. Dunno if it's related to playing in Multiplayer or not.

2. If we add IP's, then they are constantly using 1 kbyte of upload speed. So if we add 30 IP's, then the emulator will consume a constant 30 kbyte upload speed at all time. Maybe it should know which IP it needs to send the data, or make a GUI interface into the emulator where we could easily add IP's and disable them if they are not needed (and maybe add names to them so we know who's IP is that, but that's a minor feature Big Grin)

3. Sometimes if we get out of the Gathering Hall or complete a quest then the multiplayer stops functioning. So we complete a quest, and get thrown back to the Gathering Hall (or Lobby), which is normal. We exit out, do some stuff, but when we get back in, we can't see the other player and we need to restart the emulator so that it'll work.

Posted a log about this, dunno if it's useful or not, as I can't constantly log everything, because my PC would freeze/game would be unplayable.

What I did is when we've noticed this bug (that we can't see each other in the GH anymore), I've exited out of the GH, turned on the logging, went back, logged a bit with various stuff, and went out of the GH, and exited the emulator.

Here's the log file: Log-LostConnection