This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it possible to isolate SonicStage decoder?
I've installed SonicStage, and audio emulation works fine now. But I'd prefer to not have it installed on my computer. Is it possible to take the files that JPCSP needs in order to decode audio, copy them to a place where JPCSP can find them, uninstall SonicStage, and still have JPCSP work? Am I misunderstanding how the interaction between JPCSP and SonicStage works?
there is no way to isolate it but you can take out the components required, it needs the openmg codec (can get from the installer from the sonicstage install temp dir) and you will need the SonyWavWriter.ax codec you have to manually install (and whatever files that needs).

kind-of complicated if you don't know what you're doing so its much easier to just install sonic stage.
1. Install SonicStage.
2. Search your C: drive for file SonyWavWriter.ax.
3. Copy found file to desktop / prepared folder.
4. Uninstall SonicStage.
5. Create file install.bat on desktop / in prepared folder with this one line:

Code:
regsvr32.exe "%~dp0SonyWavWriter.ax"

6. Execute install.bat with administrator privileges.
7. Test and report here.
8. uninstall.bat:

Code:
regsvr32.exe /u "%~dp0SonyWavWriter.ax"

With administrator privileges again.

This worked for me but more testing needed. Maybe it has other dependencies.
No. I was wrong. I mean I was right :-D

.ax files turned out to be just DirectShow filters while real decoders
are somewhere in Common Files\Sony Shared\OpenMG.

When I uninstalled SonicStage the piece of crap actually totally remained in my system.
It appears uninstaller just unregistered files from system. So that's why regsvr32 trick
actually worked: the files were still there.

Then I tried removing stuff by portions and every time jpcsp tries to decode now, an
installer pops in, OpenMG Secure Module or something like that. Narrowed it down to
pfcom.dll but removing it just causes decoding to fail.
Tried reinstalling SonicStage to start over and the fucking crap
couldn't even install itself for the second time. And this is after uninstalling
it natively through Add/Remove.

After glancing on all this bloat SonicStage installs, I might add it is so full of bullshit,
I will rather wait for ffmpeg / libavcodec OSS decoder.