This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Star Ocean: Second Evolution - ULUS10375
I've been finding that there is a really high chance of the game freezing any time there is automatically continuing text on a black background. I'm playing Rena's story and I've found two parts so far where this is possible, at the beginning when being moved to to Allen's house, and at the end of the first world when you are moved to the second to the one. This is the error that shows up in these scenes.
Code:
420947 [ps_main] ERROR hle.ThreadManForUser - changeThreadState thread 'ps_main' => PSP_THREAD_RUNNING. waitType should be PSP_WAIT_NONE. caller:'ThreadManForUser.callAddress'
425379 [GUI] ERROR ge - Waiting too long on stall address 0x08F3E300, aborting the list PspGeList[id=0x2a, status=PSP_GE_LIST_STALL_REACHED, pc=0x08F3E300, stall=0x08F3E300, cbid=0x17, ended=false, finished=false, paused=false, restarted=false, reset=false]
425391 [GUI] ERROR ge - Waiting too long on stall address 0x08F3E300, aborting the list PspGeList[id=0x2a, status=PSP_GE_LIST_STALL_REACHED, pc=0x08F3E300, stall=0x08F3E300, cbid=0x17, ended=false, finished=false, paused=false, restarted=false, reset=false]
425402 [GUI] ERROR ge - Waiting too long on stall address 0x08F3E300, aborting the list PspGeList[id=0x2a, status=PSP_GE_LIST_STALL_REACHED, pc=0x08F3E300, stall=0x08F3E300, cbid=0x17, ended=false, finished=false, paused=false, restarted=false, reset=false]
425413 [GUI] ERROR ge - Waiting too long on stall address 0x08F3E300, aborting the list PspGeList[id=0x2a, status=PSP_GE_LIST_STALL_REACHED, pc=0x08F3E300, stall=0x08F3E300, cbid=0x17, ended=false, finished=false, paused=false, restarted=false, reset=false]
425424 [GUI] ERROR ge - Waiting too long on stall address 0x08F3E300, aborting the list PspGeList[id=0x2a, status=PSP_GE_LIST_STALL_REACHED, pc=0x08F3E300, stall=0x08F3E300, cbid=0x17, ended=false, finished=false, paused=false, restarted=false, reset=false]
425424 [GUI] ERROR ge - Aborting current list processing due to too many errors
The first error will appear multiple times for each line of dialogue, but game won't freeze unless the other errors come up. These freezes aren't so much freezes. The game will still accept inputs, but the display will stop refreshing so you won't be able to see what is happening. You can get past both of these spots with persistence, you just need to make sure to save before them.

I was also getting a lot of out of memory errors at the beginning of the game, I tried increasing the -xms size to as high as 6144 MB in the launcher, but it would still eventually run out of memory after long play periods. The problem went away when I checked +UseCodeCacheFlushing.

As far as I can tell, the reason that the audio is out of sync in the movies is because the movies are playing at just under full speed so the audio gradually moves further ahead.

I am using 2410 64bit windows version, same settings as hyakki listed on the last page. I suggest vertex cache be off, it causes a much lower framerate in battles.

Messages In This Thread
Update Info. - by MaXiMu - 07-02-2010, 11:21 PM
update - by MaXiMu - 11-06-2010, 12:26 PM
RE: STAR OCEAN - Secon evolution ULUS10375 - by Makei - 12-22-2011, 01:50 PM