This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Star Ocean: Second Evolution - ULUS10375
alright, i got to a freezing point, where the mayor of arlia is explaining the history of the stone to Claude (male main character)

1101458 [GUI] ERROR ge - Waiting too long on stall address 0x08F36340, aborting the list PspGeList[id=0x2c, status=PSP_GE_LIST_STALL_REACHED, pc=0x08F36340, stall=0x08F36340, cbid=0x17, ended=false, finished=false, paused=false, restarted=false, reset=false]
1101471 [GUI] ERROR ge - Waiting too long on stall address 0x08F36340, aborting the list PspGeList[id=0x2c, status=PSP_GE_LIST_STALL_REACHED, pc=0x08F36340, stall=0x08F36340, cbid=0x17, ended=false, finished=false, paused=false, restarted=false, reset=false]
1101483 [GUI] ERROR ge - Waiting too long on stall address 0x08F36340, aborting the list PspGeList[id=0x2c, status=PSP_GE_LIST_STALL_REACHED, pc=0x08F36340, stall=0x08F36340, cbid=0x17, ended=false, finished=false, paused=false, restarted=false, reset=false]
1101495 [GUI] ERROR ge - Waiting too long on stall address 0x08F36340, aborting the list PspGeList[id=0x2c, status=PSP_GE_LIST_STALL_REACHED, pc=0x08F36340, stall=0x08F36340, cbid=0x17, ended=false, finished=false, paused=false, restarted=false, reset=false]
1101507 [GUI] ERROR ge - Waiting too long on stall address 0x08F36340, aborting the list PspGeList[id=0x2c, status=PSP_GE_LIST_STALL_REACHED, pc=0x08F36340, stall=0x08F36340, cbid=0x17, ended=false, finished=false, paused=false, restarted=false, reset=false]
1101508 [GUI] ERROR ge - Aborting current list processing due to too many errors

-----------------------------------
after that, although the screen froze, the voicing still carried on.
using hyakki's recommended settings.
using build 2413 windows 64 version.

i believe progress was made on the windows 32-bit, but not as far as the windows-64 one.
I've been finding that there is a really high chance of the game freezing any time there is automatically continuing text on a black background. I'm playing Rena's story and I've found two parts so far where this is possible, at the beginning when being moved to to Allen's house, and at the end of the first world when you are moved to the second to the one. This is the error that shows up in these scenes.
Code:
420947 [ps_main] ERROR hle.ThreadManForUser - changeThreadState thread 'ps_main' => PSP_THREAD_RUNNING. waitType should be PSP_WAIT_NONE. caller:'ThreadManForUser.callAddress'
425379 [GUI] ERROR ge - Waiting too long on stall address 0x08F3E300, aborting the list PspGeList[id=0x2a, status=PSP_GE_LIST_STALL_REACHED, pc=0x08F3E300, stall=0x08F3E300, cbid=0x17, ended=false, finished=false, paused=false, restarted=false, reset=false]
425391 [GUI] ERROR ge - Waiting too long on stall address 0x08F3E300, aborting the list PspGeList[id=0x2a, status=PSP_GE_LIST_STALL_REACHED, pc=0x08F3E300, stall=0x08F3E300, cbid=0x17, ended=false, finished=false, paused=false, restarted=false, reset=false]
425402 [GUI] ERROR ge - Waiting too long on stall address 0x08F3E300, aborting the list PspGeList[id=0x2a, status=PSP_GE_LIST_STALL_REACHED, pc=0x08F3E300, stall=0x08F3E300, cbid=0x17, ended=false, finished=false, paused=false, restarted=false, reset=false]
425413 [GUI] ERROR ge - Waiting too long on stall address 0x08F3E300, aborting the list PspGeList[id=0x2a, status=PSP_GE_LIST_STALL_REACHED, pc=0x08F3E300, stall=0x08F3E300, cbid=0x17, ended=false, finished=false, paused=false, restarted=false, reset=false]
425424 [GUI] ERROR ge - Waiting too long on stall address 0x08F3E300, aborting the list PspGeList[id=0x2a, status=PSP_GE_LIST_STALL_REACHED, pc=0x08F3E300, stall=0x08F3E300, cbid=0x17, ended=false, finished=false, paused=false, restarted=false, reset=false]
425424 [GUI] ERROR ge - Aborting current list processing due to too many errors
The first error will appear multiple times for each line of dialogue, but game won't freeze unless the other errors come up. These freezes aren't so much freezes. The game will still accept inputs, but the display will stop refreshing so you won't be able to see what is happening. You can get past both of these spots with persistence, you just need to make sure to save before them.

I was also getting a lot of out of memory errors at the beginning of the game, I tried increasing the -xms size to as high as 6144 MB in the launcher, but it would still eventually run out of memory after long play periods. The problem went away when I checked +UseCodeCacheFlushing.

As far as I can tell, the reason that the audio is out of sync in the movies is because the movies are playing at just under full speed so the audio gradually moves further ahead.

I am using 2410 64bit windows version, same settings as hyakki listed on the last page. I suggest vertex cache be off, it causes a much lower framerate in battles.
Totally new into the forums, hello my name is matias.
Is this game playable on the 32 bit 2456 svn?

Currently testing it, could rlly apreciate 2 cents of someone who already tried it lately?
Just downloaded the win x64 r2456 and was able to run this game smoothly (except for worldmap)

Im just curious that for some reason the audio does not work on the opening and other scene/movie. Is anyone else having the same problem?
I followed the config posted by Hyakki for the previous jpcsp version and was able to get rid of the flickering screen but can't seem to solve the audio problem.

Any comment is appreciated, thanks Smile
could be a mono at3+ issue.

i tried running one of my psp saves in the emulator to dump the memory from one scene, but annoyingly enough the town was bugged. other towns i tried worked fine.

entering it either moved the characters outside of the map or made them invisible. they could move, but i couldn't change screens or get out of the town, and in the end had to use cwcheat to dump the memory with the psp.

not sure if the problem is save related or if the town itself (kurik) bugs out in the emulator. or maybe it's just a one in a million freak occurence on my pc.

attaching the save, it's right outside the town. needs the crypto to be on since it's a psp save.

Attached Files
.7z   ULUS10375SO20001.7z (Size: 196.43 KB / Downloads: 102)
I solved the sound problem by installing SonicStage Big Grin
Can't quite get this game to be playable. Settings that work best for me was having nothing on but use vertex cache. When that was off, battles would dip to 9-10 fps. The shader settings all gave me garbage inside of battles (weird artifacting going on) so I left those off, and regardless I still needed vertex cache on. I'm not sure if my crashing issue is due to actually using this setting (all the other settings I see posted for this game don't seem to use it) but I am continuously having a problem where the video freezes but the game keeps playing (might hear battle sound, zone change, dialogue etc). This stopped happening for a bit and I progressed awhile, but the problem resurfaced.
Starting to feel like this issue is somewhat localized, ie certain areas in the game seem to trigger this video freeze. Took me forever to escape arlia/shingo forest.

Once out of there I think I had one freeze in Salva. Made it all the way to marze pretty easily until it came time to invade the forest of symbols. The first couple of screens in the forest seem very crash prone, sometimes locking up the video in 3-4 seconds.

Not terribly sure how to diagnose whats going on. I'm using the 64 bit 2456 release.
My game freezes a lot, but you can hear the game is still running. When this happens the only way to continue is to enable Only GE Graphics, the screen is fixed but the dialogue disappears. I tried a lot of combinations but it always freezes. Is there any way to avoid the freezes??
I finished Star Ocena First Departure a couple days ago and I had the same problem with the freezes with the exception that when I enabled Only GE Graphics it didn't make the dialogue dissapear so the game was playable.

I am using rev_2492 64 bits.
Windows 7 - Core I5 - GeForce 560ti - 8 GB RAM
game works smooth for me except some of the area of game is cut off short. example: the very start of game where you are suppose to find the switch to open the door to place(as claude) from being able to control claude you head up yet you can no longer see him because he is off screen, the only way to open the area is smashing the x key and running around in an area you can not see.

any fixes would be nice