This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Star Ocean: Second Evolution - ULUS10375
(04-14-2011, 01:14 AM)Dash101 Wrote: Hi,
I was just wondering what settings you guys use to get it to play?
I'm using build 2075 which gives it around 7-10 FPS and the screen also blinks/flickers.

Thanks!
P.S. You all do great work!

Uncheck "Only GE" in jpcsp options to fix the flicker issue, this game isn't really playable since when going into certain houses the characters get drawn off screen // invisible and you need to go into these places to complete events ..

anyways here is a new log for this game, I'm pretty certain its the same issue as the first game though

Offtopic-to devs:
When logging messages like "sceAudioOutputPannedBlocking (pvoid_buf==0): delaying current thread" that keep looping over and over , would it be better to make it log now many times it repeats in a row?
for example
sceAudioOutputPannedBlocking (pvoid_buf==0): delaying current thread
last message repeated 28 times
sceMpegFinish
last message repeated 780 times

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.rar   log.rar (Size: 12.51 KB / Downloads: 76)
(04-15-2011, 06:27 AM)hyakki Wrote: Offtopic-to devs:
When logging messages like "sceAudioOutputPannedBlocking (pvoid_buf==0): delaying current thread" that keep looping over and over , would it be better to make it log now many times it repeats in a row?
for example
last message repeated 28 times
sceMpegFinish
last message repeated 780 times
The functionality when "pvoid_buf==0" has been completely reworked in r2083. It should now be more accurate and allow a more fluid audio output. Could you test again?

Thanks!
(04-15-2011, 03:43 PM)gid15 Wrote: The functionality when "pvoid_buf==0" has been completely reworked in r2083. It should now be more accurate and allow a more fluid audio output. Could you test again?

Thanks!

The movie audio plays slightly better, When it gets towards the end of the movie then it will start skipping again.
The audio is now extremely out of sync compared to previous revisions, before the audio used to sync with the movie pretty good (just had some skipping)),

The same thing happens with star ocean 1's movie too audio doesn't skip as much, but they are also extremely out of sync.

I uploaded videos for both games
R2083
Star ocean 1 First Departure (first video) ---------- Star ocean 2 Second Evolution(second video)
http://www.megavideo.com/?v=E6KKGVLK http://www.megavideo.com/?v=MZAH42LJ

here is a quick before from R2081 (star ocean 1, its hard to hear the skipping in the video, but it's there, you can see how it syncs better though)
http://www.megavideo.com/?v=VBAY9WKQ
r2108
I made a new custom debug log (only ge options checked) (22 megs), I walked into the town church where the characters disappear or will be invisible/off screen/hidden maybe it will help solve the issue Smile
the movies are still also really out of sync since 2083

here is a quick comparison of what the game should look like (Jpcsp on the left, psx right, mainly just to show the character positions, half the people are off screen, for example the switch next to the yellow hair guy (your character) can't click the switch in jpcsp, unless you walk way up off the screen and blindly find the position of the switch), this happens in various parts throughout the game, some places like houses you can't find the way since the characters are so far off screen, and other places look normal like in the main town.)
interesting problem though , dunno if its ge related or something else causing the mis-positioning.
[Image: f9p6df.jpg]

Attached Files
.rar   log.rar (Size: 329.86 KB / Downloads: 86)
same issue as you, hyakki.
Mobo:Gigabyte (GA-78LMT-USB3) CPU:AMD FX-6300 RAM:G-Skill 8GB Dual-Channel DDR3 PC12800 VGA:Sapphire R7 265 2GB OS:Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1

i hate to ask but is this game even playable? i've tried to play it but i can't seem to get by that first part of the game where you have to click something to get the shield or whatever it is to open. theres no way that i can see to scroll things around to be able to find the switch you need to hit. all that is there is a road and yourself running to the top of it without being able to see anything else. I was hoping to play this without having to redownload epsxe ect. i'm using r2238. all configurations left unchecked. the attached screenshot is where i get stuck at. in the psx version i just checked it playing it on ps1 that little square/rectangular box looking thing is what you are supposed to activate to open up the door and proceed further with the game. but you can't interact with it at all in the psp version go figure.
Ok, I've been testing this game for an hour and it's pretty much fully playable, but the problem is that this only happens in Linux, First evolution and Second Evolution are the same, fully playable in Linux

People in videogames are blind

Dark Devils Translations team
r2340,
new log, pretty much the same issues. character sprites over-sized / invisible / misplaced in some parts, while some places look fine.

.rar   log.rar (Size: 4.38 KB / Downloads: 75)
r2344, some problem of walking into buildings and having them over-sized and can't exit room. when i take a snapshot of a fine area, and i walk into the glitched area and try to load snapshot, that also crashes.
(11-01-2011, 05:08 AM)trustedasian Wrote: r2344, some problem of walking into buildings and having them over-sized and can't exit room. when i take a snapshot of a fine area, and i walk into the glitched area and try to load snapshot, that also crashes.

yeah I test this game and 'star ocean first departure' with every revision - hard to tell what the problem is, I don't know if any of the devs have this game so it might be hard to fix just from the log info.
still it's one strange problem though since it works in linux fine (according to Butz_san) the bug only happens in windows.

log from r2367

.rar   log.rar (Size: 11.39 KB / Downloads: 68)