This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Star Ocean: Second Evolution - ULUS10375
I've been trying to play this, and graphically it's working almost 100%, but there's a few issues:

Sound is clippy and stutters.

JPCSP runs out of memory after crafting a dozen or so items.

If I use JPCSP launcher to do the +CodeCacheFlush or whatever, the memory card save screen fails to come up, so I can't save after 0-1 times.

Performance is good (i3 2100, AMD 7870), though I can't enable any of the gpu shader options which mess up graphics or cause the game to halt at certain loading sections.

I will say I was using previous revision, and the latest one works almost perfectly, but the game's unplayable.
Playing this in 64-bit the video seems to be good but the audio is lagging way behind after it says the SquareEnix intro
My game freezes a lot, but you can hear the game is still running. When this happens the only way to continue is to enable Only GE Graphics, the screen is fixed but the dialogue disappears. I tried all kinds of combinations with and without Hyakki's Launcher but it always freezes. Is there any way to avoid the freezes?
I finished Star Ocean First Departure and I had the same problem with the freezes with the exception that when I enabled Only GE Graphics it didn't make the dialogue dissapear so the game was playable.

I posted this same problem 1 year ago, I was using rev_2492 then. I would appreciate any help.

I am using rev_3054 64 bits.
Intel Core i5 - Geforce 560ti 1GB RAM - 8GB RAM - Windows 7 64bits