This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker - ULUS10509
jeremymd, Are there any configurations for metal gear acid 2 ?
I haven't tried it before on jpcsp. I've played both Acid and Acid 2 to death on my PSP, haha. I'll give that a try when I get my backup from a friend of mine.

QEDIT:

Okay, it looks like I got it running.

I'll see if I can put in the settings in proper commercial game thread.
Update:

Okay, I've finished Peacewalker on jpcsp. Save for the bug where any version of peacewalker boss is unbeatable(i had to play those battles on my PSP), everything works great(with the occasional bugs of course).

Funny bugs I've found(resolved by restarting jpcsp):
Monsters in monster hunter, after doing their initial growl, just stand there and stare at you.
On some maps, enemies "dance". They are all in sync while checking their left then right foot. Left, right, left right...
On some maps, there is a consistent sonicstage bug. There are those that need sonicstage turned off, then there are those that need it on.
On occasion, there is some kind of "haze". Degrees of haze varies. All of this is usually resolved by enabling decoding of indexed textures. If it doesn't resolve that way, deactivate ge textures to memory(apply), then enable again.
Sometimes, on Cocoon battles, the Cocoon isn't there!

Pity this is supposed to be completely playable. I tried portable ops on jpcsp and i've checked the threads and that game has a long way to go methinks, before it can be playable.

Btw, for anybody interested enough, I have some new settings that have made the game run faster than ever(almost no stutters now).

All in all, awesome emulator!! I'll be trying out some more of my long forgotten backups. Big Grin Thank you so much for the hardwork, devs and others. You know who you are. Smile
(10-08-2012, 12:31 PM)jeremymd Wrote: Update:

Okay, I've finished Peacewalker on jpcsp. Save for the bug where any version of peacewalker boss is unbeatable(i had to play those battles on my PSP), everything works great(with the occasional bugs of course).

Funny bugs I've found(resolved by restarting jpcsp):
Monsters in monster hunter, after doing their initial growl, just stand there and stare at you.
On some maps, enemies "dance". They are all in sync while checking their left then right foot. Left, right, left right...
On some maps, there is a consistent sonicstage bug. There are those that need sonicstage turned off, then there are those that need it on.
On occasion, there is some kind of "haze". Degrees of haze varies. All of this is usually resolved by enabling decoding of indexed textures. If it doesn't resolve that way, deactivate ge textures to memory(apply), then enable again.
Sometimes, on Cocoon battles, the Cocoon isn't there!

Pity this is supposed to be completely playable. I tried portable ops on jpcsp and i've checked the threads and that game has a long way to go methinks, before it can be playable.

Btw, for anybody interested enough, I have some new settings that have made the game run faster than ever(almost no stutters now).

All in all, awesome emulator!! I'll be trying out some more of my long forgotten backups. Big Grin Thank you so much for the hardwork, devs and others. You know who you are. Smile
Hi, by any chance, would you be willing to share said settings? I've been trying to get PW running for a good while now and I can't even get it past the opening 'Memory check' screen.

It may just be me though, I mean on my Vista 32bit laptop, everything on JPCSP runs incredibly slow, and on the MBP 13 inch, JPCSP doesn't work at all.
Well, you mentioned you're using a laptop. I'm using a desktop(slow Core2Duo 2.7ghz but still a desktop processor) with a pretty good video card(Nvidia GTX 560Ti) and peacewalker runs okay, with the occasional stuttering when loading maps. You can tell that decreasing my specs by just a little bit would render a big difference with playability of Peacewalker.

Unless of course, that's an i5 or i7 laptop with a good GPU.

If you still want to try the settings, check out my first complete post about setting things up using the jpcsp launcher. As I mentioned, there are some new settings i'm using that isn't listed there, but try those first and let me know if it helps at all.

http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread....#pid111717

I know it's not in the right topic, sorry about that. Not sure if anyone will bother moving it to the right one.
When I finish the first mission, you receive this error:
Code:
Running Jpcsp 32bit...
Exception in thread "Main"
Exception: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError thrown from the UncaughtExceptionHandler i
n thread "Main"
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM warning: Exception java.lang.OutOfMemoryError occurre
d dispatching signal UNKNOWN to handler- the VM may need to be forcibly terminat
ed
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM warning: Exception java.lang.OutOfMemoryError occurre
d dispatching signal UNKNOWN to handler- the VM may need to be forcibly terminat
ed
ed
Use revision 2763
CPU: QuadCore Intel Core i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz;
MB: Gigabyte GA-P55-US3L
RAM: DDR3 6,0GB;
Gfx: ASUS Nvidia GeForse GTS 550Ti @ 1024 MB;
My video channel emuls test.
Now use r2768, and see its error:
Code:
Running Jpcsp 32bit...
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space
Exception in thread "Main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

Exception: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError thrown from the UncaughtExceptionHandler in thread "Main"

Exception in thread "GUI" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space
CPU: QuadCore Intel Core i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz;
MB: Gigabyte GA-P55-US3L
RAM: DDR3 6,0GB;
Gfx: ASUS Nvidia GeForse GTS 550Ti @ 1024 MB;
My video channel emuls test.
Why don't you try with JPCSP x64 instead the x86 build?
[Image: montcer.png]
or try in start-windows-x86.bat
-XX:MaxPermSize=128m
change to 256m
i've played enough with jpcsp 32 bit with permsize and other options, but peacewalker is too unstable in it. always out of memory error. so best bet, use 64 bit.